1,000 - 5,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By ozPDA
*** !!! 2012 Winner - Australian Mobile Awards !!! ***
WHAT IT HAS:
* Forecasts - so you know what to expect (today, tomorrow and the week ahead, plus weather warnings)
* Current Weather - so you know what is happening now (for a range of nearby locations)
* Animated Radar - so you know where it is raining, and whether it is heading your way (with animated radar image loops)
* Extended Features
- List of current warning
- Rainfall forecasts maps for up to 4 days ahead
- Map showing all nearest local observations
- Map of major cities' observations and forecasts
- Map of state and nationwide latest observed temperatures
- Synoptic history maps and forecast maps
- National satellite cloud image loops
- Forecast maximum UV index map
- 7 day forecasts for more than 250 official forecast locations
- Detailed local observations for more than 800 locations, typically updated every 10 mins
- Each forecast location includes up to 6 nearest official observation locations, accessible by side-scrolling action.
- 50+ rain radar locations around Australia
- The radar view also has a "Locate Me" feature which queries the device GPS and then centres the radar map on your current location along with a crosshair cursor.
- Radar data delivery has been carefully optimised to arrive quickly on your device
Your feedback is welcomed, and the application includes an email link on its information screen for that purpose.
- This application contains weather data *only* for Australian places. It is offered to overseas users only for those who want to keep an eye on Australian weather.
- Forecasts for regional locations for which BOM does not supply 7 day official forecasts have been extended with BOM computer modelling data. This is not as reliable as human-generated forecasts, but can still provide useful guidance about temperature and rainfall trends for those locations where this is not available from BOM published forecasts.
Recently changed in this version:
* Observations were labeled as an hour older than they actually were due to incorrect daylight savings offset. Rest easy everyone - now fixed!