50,000 - 100,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
The pressure data is displayed in graphs so that you can see both your own data as well as other regions' graphed over time. Check out our visualizations at http://pressurenet.cumulonimbus.ca for more details and to sign up for direct API access. pressureNET has been featured on BBC World Service, Wired Science, and MIT Technology Review.
pressureNET supports all devices running Android 3.0+, though only tablets or phones with barometers will be able to contribute readings, see their pressure and use the widget.
Devices with barometers include:
Galaxy Note II (2)
Galaxy Note 3
RAZR MAXX HD
- Interactive Google Map showing locations and submitted barometer readings (note that locations visible on the map are slightly fudged to protect user privacy although accurate data is recorded)
- The map now includes weather graphics indicating current weather conditions, as submitted by you!
- Pressure drop/rise alerts. This will send a notification when your pressure starts to fall (potentially indicating that a storm is coming) or rise (indicating good weather coming)
- Report the current conditions outside where you are - your data will show up on the map, and will be included in our analysis of our pressure data in the future.
- My Data feature that shows your recent measurements graph and listing
- Export data you've submitted to CSV
- Settings screen to modify Auto-Submit options and change unit preferences, along with
- High-quality widget to view your current barometer reading, submit readings, view pressure tendency
- Sharing preference to set granularity of data sharing
- NEW: Data cache management to see how many measurements are stored on your device.
- NEW: Sensors tab to view all atmosphere sensor data on your device (Barometer, Hygrometer, and Thermometer support)
- NEW: Search for locations to quickly view pressure trends all over the world
- NEW: Expanded Settings for more control over how pressureNET operates (Toggle GPS, "only when charging" mode added)
This project is fully open source to foster innovation. The core pressureNET code is contained in our SDK so that app developers can easily integrate pressureNET inside their own apps. Check it out and email us if you have questions! pressureNET code on GitHub:
pressureNET in the media:
BBC World Service: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p014ypyj
Wired Science: http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2013/01/android-weather-prediction/
MIT Technology Review: http://www.technologyreview.com/news/510626/app-feeds-scientists-atmospheric-data-from-thousands-of-smartphones/
We're always adding more features and would love your input. Visit our site at http://pressurenet.cumulonimbus.ca or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tags: pressurenet, pressure weather prediction, barometerwsk.
New widget to submit current conditions
Notifications of nearby weather conditions
Satellite view for the map
Nexus5/KitKat sensor bugfix