Personal, precise rain prediction.
Do you want to know exactly when it's going to rain, at your precise location?
* Should you bring in the washing now, or can you wait 10 minutes?
* Feel like playing golf today, just not in wet socks?
* Should you take the motorcycle for a ride or grab the car instead?
Easy to use, this app will help everyone. Whether you're a mum, sportsman, office-worker or cyclist, never again will the rain out-smart you now that you have the added power of a Rain Brain!
* Bureau of Meteorology radar viewer, with zoom and pan.
* Predicts rain to within 500 metres of your exact location, and to the minute.
* If rain is going to hit you, it will tell you how long until it does.
* If it's currently raining at your location, it will tell you when rain is going to end.
* Homescreen widget gives live predictions without you even having to press a button!
* Notifications of incoming rain are selectable based on whether rain is maybe on the way, likely or definitely incoming.
* New! Ice Cream Sandwich user interface
* New! Set Manual Location
* Many more features to come, so stay tuned!
How to Use
* Install the app from the app store
* When you run for the first time, Rain Brain will activate and will download the last 10 rain radar images for your area.
* Once the rain radars are downloaded, Rain Brain will then analyse the images and create a prediction for you.
* After this, Rain Brain will keep running in the background to keep you up-to-date with rain images and predictions automatically.
* Add the Rain Brain widget to your homescreen for up-to-date rain predictions with a minimum of hassle.
* The longer the Rain Brain stays activated, the better its predictions will become, as it refines its analysis with more rain data.
* If you want to stop the Rain Brain background service, just go into the app, press the menu button, and Stop Rain Brain.
* This version of Rain Brain works only in Australia
* Works on both smartphones and tablets, user interface now also optimised for tablets.
* Weather is inherently unpredictable, so while Rain Brain does its best to analyse the rain radar, it cannot give a 100% guarantee.
* This app is in constant development, please give the developers feedback, or ask questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
keywords: rain predict prediction predictor forecast BOM alarm weather wet umbrella raincoat GPS storm chasing
Tags: how to predict an incoming rain, rain log.
* Major changes are on the way, so this is a small bugfix update for the meantime...
- thanks very much to a user's email, Perth AP has now been removed from the location set. Serpentine is always used instead.
- fixed a crash in compass view where the compass overlay graphic is not supported on some older devices, in this case it now no longer displays the compass overlay graphic.
- fixed a crash in out-of-memory on some old devices.