Please visit the blog if you have any problems.
Enter the ZIP Code or your current GPS location and this app will return a list of counties in your immediate area and their SAME codes so you can enter the codes into your Weather Radio.
Shows the "center county" and the adjacent counties to it so that choosing which county alerts you wish to hear is easier. Click on the tornado icons and a popup will show the county name and SAME Code making SAME Code detection easy.
1) The app looks up the SAME codes for a given location's local counties. SAME Codes are used to program you NOAA Weather Radio so that you will be alerted to only the warnings for the area you are interested in. Depending on how storms come into your area.
2) When you start the app is will try to determine your location using your GPS if your android device has one. You can just push the "Get Adjacent Counties" button and it will show the list.
3) If you enter a ZIP code it will use the entered ZIP and not the coordinates to find the counties and corresponding SAME Codes. You will need to clear the ZIP, if and were entered, to use GPS coordinates.
4) The integrity of the database is about 80%. The issue comes when you look for an area that is on a state boundary or by the oceans or Great Lakes. If you run into this problem, the app will just crash. I am working on the database which is actually on my server. This app just connects to my server and does a query to get the information so these kinds of fixes will not require an upgrade of the app.
5) The app does not close and runs all the time once started. I am working on this also. You will notice that the map will be populated with the tornado icons from all the searches done between instantiations of the program. This will require an upgrade of the app since it is the app that control this behavior.
6) If you touch the tornado icons you will see a pop-up that shows you the county name and SAME Code.
Tags: code to get zip code from gps in, how to find county 6 digit noaa weather same code, code for getting wheather conditions by passing zip code in, noaa weather radio mobile apps, code lookup, noaa zip same code, same codes, maproute demo code zip.
1) Fixed an issue where the center county (in the map) does not update the information after the first search.
2) Validates the Zip Code and GPS coordinates and uses dialog to report any issues to the user.
Please let me know if you have any problems by visiting my blog