100 - 500 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Bjørn Stensrud
Ad free version.
Shows forecast for the next part of the day (morning, day, evening or night) and forecasts for the next 3 days.
4x1 and 4x2 layouts with selectable backgrounds.
Precise geo-positioning even without using gps, with 4 area sizes (local area, district, community and county) and adjustable position update frequency.
Touch the widget to show the meteogram, a detailed graphical display of the forecast for the next 2 days. Touch the update icon (2 arrows) to manually update position and forecast.
Optional calendar with clock, day, date and week number or more detailed forecast.
Optimized for minimum data and battery usage. Tips to even further optimize this:
- Use network positioning, low position update frequency and forecasts for larger areas (less updates when moving).
Forecasts shown in english or norwegian.
This is a widget, so start by going to programs, widgets and drag to home screen.
--> If you have problems getting it to start, please make sure you have location services enabled! Go to your phone settings, select "Location services" and make sure at least location with wireless networks are enabled. <--
Tip: If the place you get when using "my position" is incorrect, try to search for the correct place, and choose this. When you select "use my position" the next time, it remembers this place, and uses it when you are nearby.
* Fix for devices not able to get forecast (contact me if you still can't)
* Fix for devices getting wrong location (one of the predefined instead of the actual)
* Fixed wrong position for refresh button when blue temperature background (4x1 layout)
* Fixed cut off g's and p's in detailed forecast (4x1)
* Removing buttons below meteogram when they can't fit (use menu)
* Fixed so that pushing the detailed forecast (4x1) shows the meteogram instead of the clock app.
* Added space above 4x2 layout
* Added Facebook/Google+/Twitter sharing, if you like this widget please share :-)
* Fixed crash. Used a feature on yr.no that was closed.
* Added 4x2 layout
* Touching clock now displays clock app (on popular demand)
* More responsive buttons (meteogram and update)
* Meteogram should now be available in all locations and with more accurate positioning
* Caching meteogram for 10 minutes
* More data usage optimization
* Removed a couple of crash bugs
* Fixed another reloading issue when forecast update is late
* Added learning feature to place search (see description)
* Other positioning optimizations
* Better landscape layout
* Fixed forecast reloading too often and fail to start issues on some phones
* Added selectable backgrounds to preferences (no background also possible)
* Added new weather icons from yr
* Other minor fixes
--> Many thanks to Jem for valuable testing and feedback!
Tags: meteorology icons yr.
Recently changed in this version:
* Fixed a meteogram caching issue on some phones
* Fixed an issue with the buttons below the meteogram in landscape on some phones
* Fixed current forecast that tend to switch back and forth a bit because of new behaviour in the yr data
* Fixed forecast description (4x1 w/o clock) so that it shouldn't exceed 3 lines
* Yr finally fixed their site so it's possible to search places in english