5,000,000 - 10,000,000 downloads
- User-friendly interface
- Multiple locations
- Runs smoothly
- Nothing special
Yahoo! Weather is the official Yahoo! weather forecast app for Android
Since weather conditions determine our daily activity and, specially, our weekend plans, it's good having plenty of info about it. However, there are some apps out there that provide too much info or show it in a chaotic way, unintelligible for the average user. Yahoo! Weather is one of the most balanced app regarding amount of info and user-friendly interface. Let's see why.
First off, it displays a homescreen with the basic info: location, time, weather condition (mostly cloudy, sunny, raining, etc), current temperature and maximum/minimum temperature expected. The background of this homescreen is made up by public photos taken from Flickr related to your location. You can add as many locations as you want and switch between them just by swiping right.
In order to access detailed info in your current location, you just need to scroll down to see: weekly forecast, weather details, map, precipitation chance, wind & pressure and sun & moon (dusk and dawn time). All the info displayed is perfectly understandable for any user: there aren't technical concepts and all concepts are backed by icons to catch the idea at a glance.
Interface is, as I said, its strongest point. All the info is displayed on a glass layout which background is those photos taken from Flickr I mentioned above. It as smooth as silk. Must-have.
- Highly acclaimed design with beautiful photos that match your location, time of day, and current weather condition
- Detailed weather information, including 10-day and 24-hour temperature forecasts
- Interactive radar, satellite, heat, and wind maps
- Severe weather alerts
- Animated sunrise & sunset times and wind & pressure modules
- Humidity sensor, UV index, and chance of precipitation
- New home screen widgets
- Swipe vertically for detailed weather information
- Swipe horizontally for favorite locations
- All photos in the app are from users like you. Submit yours at http://www.flickr.com/projectweather
- Shawn T. Downloaded Dec 3, 2013
- Armiin J. Downloaded Dec 1, 2013
- Luigi G. Downloaded Dec 1, 2013
- Sivalingam V. Downloaded Dec 1, 2013
- Ravindu T. Downloaded Dec 1, 2013
- Gegam H. Downloaded Nov 29, 2013
- Jan I. Downloaded Nov 29, 2013
- Mayank R. Downloaded Nov 29, 2013
- Evie V. Downloaded Nov 28, 2013
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
It's pretty good. I like the look and general layout of it. But it's missing a major feature in radar in motion. Seeing a picture of the rain or snow doesn't really help if you don't know where it's heading. It makes me have to keep the Weatherbug app jus
Every time when i tap refresh via weather widget, i get a message weather has crashed, FIX THIS...
My occupation is contingent on the weather. Accuweather, Weatherbug...they all suck and cost me money. What a joke. Yahoo weather and Radar Now are the only weather apps you need!
Simple, beautiful, and accurate.
Beautiful and easy to use
UI is great. But since the update, every time I tap the refresh icon via the weather clock widget, I get a message 'Weather has crashed'. Please fix this
Doesn't give accurate data. Doesn't update temp in status bar.