5,000 - 10,000 downloads
- Retro graphics and soundtrack
- Highly addictive
- Mad game pace
- Random level generation
- Can't switch weapons
+ By OrangePixel
Gunslugs is an action-packed arcade game set in retro-graphics
This version is ad-free
OrangePixel has done it once again. It seems that dusting old-fashioned gameplays and graphics is a great formula. At least, it's working quite good for this developer. Gunslugs has obvious similarities with Metal Slug, both gameplay and theme are almost the same: you must lead one out of two soldiers through nightly boot camps and enemy's bases on the desert while fulfilling briefing goals. On your way you'll have to end up charlies, jump over obstacles, collect power-ups and fight against final bosses.
In Gunslugs, OrangePixel has gone a step further regarding graphics though. Highly-pixelated retro graphics, with only one premise: minimalism can be attractive. And actually it is. Although this kind of graphics are recurrently used by them in their titles, what makes Gunslugs, in my opinion, the most interesting game they've released so far is the chaotic action-packed gameplay.
A random level generation, unlockable characters, lots of weapons to collect (you cannot switch them, you hold what you find until you run out of bullets), handicaps, power-ups and huge final bosses who aren't easy to beat at all. A great mix that guarantees having a blast. Highly recommended.
Gunslugs is the most chaotic, fun, arcade action game you'll find on any platform! Non-stop action from the guys behind Meganoid, Meganoid 2 and Stardash !
- “There’s so much praise I want to ramble on about, but I’ll leave it at this: Gunslugs is a game you must get your hands on” – Gamezebo
- Basically, it’s everything you could ask for from a rampaging action game, all packed up in a neat little mobile release with ample amounts of retro-style visuals, music and secrets.” – JayIsGames
- We grabbed a bunch of expendable action hero's from the 80s and we made them team up as the Gunslugs to fight the war against the always evil Black Duck Army. Can you save the planet? maybe even the universe?
* Random level generation - no 2 game sessions will be the same!
* Unlockable characters
* Thumping sound track
* Fun variation of weapons
* Tank driving!
* Jetpack flying!
* Secret levels
* Rain, snow, and big bad hell worms
* Wizards, princesses, geeks, voodoo priests and many more surprises... !
- Two player co-op mode is supported by use of the BT controllers, Wiimotes, OUYA controllers and more, check http://orangepixel.net/gunslugs for more info
if you run into problems or the game wont work on your device, instead of just rating 1 star, you could help us fix it by providing feedback!
keywords - retro 2D platform action game 8bit pixelart
Xperia PLAY Optimized
MOGA controller supported
Green Throttle controller supported
NVidia Shield supported
Supports WiiMotes, and a host of bluetooth controllers, just connect and play!
+Google Play Game services
- Fixed control problems for Nvidia Shield Tablet users
- Subscribe to our newsletter: http://orangepixel.net/subscribe
- Also check out our new game: Groundskeeper 2 on Google Play
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
so its great lol. MOGA compatible too. 5*
Five for music four for gameplay also thx for shield support
PERFECT. Orange Pixel has set the standard for action platformers on Android. PERIOD.
DONT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS GAME
Procedural levels!!! What? In a mobile game! OH YES! Take that arcade run and gun genre from the 90's sprinkle in those cute pixel GFX from the 80's and you've got a winner from Orange Pixel! Full PS3 controller support makes Gunslugs a perfect mobile arcade blast! It ticks all the boxes, replayability, difficulty just right, cameos ;-) and awesome 'chip choons' from the master!
It is a great game with good music but it would be better if you could save your level. And also it would be better if you can refund the game