Hard Time (Prison Sim)
1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Deeper gameplay than it may first seem
- Chaotic and sometimes nonsense
- Graphics and UI need improvement
+ By MDickie
A jail inmate sim with lots of smacks and blows.
From the creators of Wrestling Revolution, here comes Hard Time. Just to sum it all up in a few sentences, it's like playing an hypothetical Sims in Jail with the fighting elements from the aforementioned Wrestling game. You have to take care of your prowess and stats, as life behind bars slow and inexorably rust your numbers. Sleep and feed usually help, but distract you from your real goal.
However, don't expect either a whimsical existence ruled by a green quartz over your head, or an arcade-like fighting experience, because this game falls somewhere between a chaotic sidescroller beat'em-up and a dating sim where you must improve your stats to get access to new areas and non player characters.
It's extremely original and nearly inexhaustible, but the Flash-like graphics and interface needs much improvement. Anyway, if you ever dreamed of a South-Park like prison life, go ahead. This game is fun and it's full of absurd humor and events, so if you break through that graphical barrier, there's a whole world in to be played.
Wrestling Revolution's unique brand of violence finally ends up where it belongs - in jail! Create your own inmate and attempt to survive in a prison where every sentence is a "death" sentence. Rub shoulders with up to 100 fellow inmates in a sprawling jail of 12 unique areas, each filled with fully interactive furniture and props. Plus a life beyond the jail populated by real civilians, with wardens (or even a robocop!) enforcing dozens of different laws to stop you from making a break for it.
Each day, you will find your health and mental state slipping away. Both can be restored by sleeping - which is also a good way to pass time. You won't always be permitted to sleep, though, so consuming food and drink bridges the gap. These, along with many other activities such as reading or watching TV, can also help to improve your mental state. If you "lose your mind" you will break down and will temporarily lose control of your character (almost certainly getting into trouble!).
Your character also has a set of attributes that you are challenged to improve:
- STRENGTH indicates how much damage you can inflict or absorb. You can improve it by fighting or lifting weights.
- AGILITY determines how fast you move. You can improve it by jogging in the yard or scoring baskets.
- INTELLECT reflects your knowledge - including fighting skills such as counters. You can improve it by reading books.
- REPUTATION is how much other prisoners respect you. It can be improved by accomplishing tasks or intimidating others.
There are also opportunities to earn money - whether you work for it with a broom, trade items at a profit, or run with a gang. Having money increases your opportunities to grease the wheels and make your life inside easier.
You may find that you need to go to the toilet from time to time, in which case you must race to the bathroom! Alternatively, you could find a toilet to sit on or grab some toilet paper to spare your blushes. Failing to do so will damage your reputation and mental state.
I regret that there is more to this game than I could ever explain here, so I hope you enjoy figuring some things out for yourself - such as the fact that a dead cop may even come back as a kind of robocop! There are lots of dumb ways to die.
Upgrade to "VIP" to enjoy the full experience without ads - plus access to the editor that allows you to customize your character and every other.
(*Look out for tutorials within the actual game)
The game uses buttons where letters like GTA represent what they do:
A = Attack (on its own to kick, with a direction to punch)
G = Grapple / Throw weapon
R = Run
P = Pick-Up / Drop
T = Taunt (interact with handheld props)
- Press ATTACK and RUN together to launch a powerful attack.
- Press any button with any direction (or none) in a grapple to trigger different moves.
- Press RUN and PICK-UP together to set fire to a small object (which can then be used to set fire to a large object).
- Touch the clock to pause the game and bring up options to exit.
- Touch any speech bubble to speed through conversations.
- If you find your device struggles to display lots of characters, considering keeping the "Population" option low.
- "Speed Up Frame Rate" sleeping will require good performance at the default frame rate.
- Head to the "Display" options to tone down other features.
- Wardens hassle free users less often.
Great game guys. Really loved it......but can u allow us more opportunities on the outside world like GTA it would be so cool if I could drive a car. Then I would rate it a gazillion and one stars. Thanks.
Hahahah I love to kill the police officers and sometimes even when I became a police officer
I would love to say continue like this
When I first started this game, I was addicted to it after five minutes. I recommend this game to everyone.
I like this game but it is missing some thing