Hard Time (Prison Sim)
1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Deeper gameplay than it may first seem
- Chaotic and sometimes nonsense
- Graphics and UI need improvement
+ By MDickie
A jail inmate sim with lots of smacks and blows.
From the creators of Wrestling Revolution, here comes Hard Time. Just to sum it all up in a few sentences, it's like playing an hypothetical Sims in Jail with the fighting elements from the aforementioned Wrestling game. You have to take care of your prowess and stats, as life behind bars slow and inexorably rust your numbers. Sleep and feed usually help, but distract you from your real goal.
However, don't expect either a whimsical existence ruled by a green quartz over your head, or an arcade-like fighting experience, because this game falls somewhere between a chaotic sidescroller beat'em-up and a dating sim where you must improve your stats to get access to new areas and non player characters.
It's extremely original and nearly inexhaustible, but the Flash-like graphics and interface needs much improvement. Anyway, if you ever dreamed of a South-Park like prison life, go ahead. This game is fun and it's full of absurd humor and events, so if you break through that graphical barrier, there's a whole world in to be played.
Each day, you will find your health and mental state slipping away. Both can be restored by sleeping - which is also a good way to pass time. You won't always be permitted to sleep, though, so consuming food and drink bridges the gap. These, along with many other activities such as reading or watching TV, can also help to improve your mental state. If you "lose your mind" you will break down and will temporarily lose control of your character (almost certainly getting into trouble!).
Your character also has a set of attributes that you are challenged to improve:
- STRENGTH indicates how much damage you can inflict or absorb. You can improve it by fighting or lifting weights.
- AGILITY determines how fast you move. You can improve it by jogging in the yard or scoring baskets.
- INTELLECT reflects your knowledge - including fighting skills such as counters. You can improve it by reading books.
- REPUTATION is how much other prisoners respect you. It can be improved by accomplishing tasks or intimidating others.
There are also opportunities to earn money - whether you work for it with a broom, trade items at a profit, or run with a gang. Having money increases your opportunities to grease the wheels and make your life inside easier.
You may find that you need to go to the toilet from time to time, in which case you must race to the bathroom! Alternatively, you could find a toilet to sit on or grab some toilet paper to spare your blushes. Failing to do so will damage your reputation and mental state.
I regret that there is more to this game than I could ever explain here, so I hope you enjoy figuring some things out for yourself.
Upgrade to "VIP" to enjoy the full experience without ads - plus access to the editor that allows you to customize your character and every other.
(*Look out for tutorials within the actual game)
The game uses buttons where letters like GTA represent what they do:
A = Attack (on its own to kick, with a direction to punch)
G = Grapple / Throw weapon
R = Run
P = Pick-Up / Drop
T = Taunt (interact with handheld props)
- Press ATTACK and RUN together to launch a powerful attack.
- Press any button with any direction (or none) in a grapple to trigger different moves.
- Press RUN and PICK-UP together to set fire to a small object (which can then be used to set fire to a large object).
- Touch the clock to pause the game and bring up options to exit.
- Touch any speech bubble to speed through conversations.
- If you find your device struggles to display lots of characters, considering keeping the "Population" option low.
- "Speed Up Frame Rate" sleeping will require good performance at the default frame rate.
- Head to the "Display" options to tone down other features.
Now compatible with Android controllers such as NVidia Shield or MOGA Pro (B Mode)!
Awsome I like to escape
I played this game but I uninstalled it it is awesome really install it five stars!
To all players you can't become a warden until you serve your sentence but it will cost your reputation going down a little
Great game and whoever said it is bad there are wrong
Your in jail but there's only one thing at the beginning can you make up better reasons to be in jail cause one time at the beginning I went to jail cause I was thinking about myself
Wow great game I mean it's hard but it's fun I've became a warden and free man and also joined crews 5 stars !!!! Worth it
Mickie thank you for these games