1,000 - 5,000 downloads
- HD graphics and cool soundtrack
- Original control (jump by shaking the device)
- Achievements system
- Cannot move the game to SDcard
- Bit simple: need to collect more stuff or extra features
- Requires multitouch screen (Android 2.x)
Micronytes is a platform game set into the body of patient with a strange disease. You will have to lead a leukocyte through platforms to finally cure him.
A patient with a strange disease needs your help. You control the microscopic Micronytes on their hunt for the evil greens through 80 levels and 4 different worlds. There's a achievements system thanks to which you can get some trophies that will modify the end of the story. We found it a bit simple, there could be more stuff to collect or extra features just not to have the feeling that we're just running and jumping.
There are three possible actions that the Micronytes can do: going right (tap right), going left (tap left) and jumping (shake the device). This control system makes the difference. It's a bit weird at first though, until you get the hang of it. Anyway if you don't like this control system, you can have classic joypad on the touchscreen. It requires multitouch screen (Android 2.x).
The HD comic-based graphics and the relaxing music increase the global quality of the game. The sound track is a travel through different styles like jazz, orchestral and emotional filled grand piano songs.
Probably its main flaw is that it cannot be moved to the SD card. Not so good for a game 30 mb size.
This is a full paid version that you can get for just 2€. There's a demo that you can try first.
Micronytes has been developed by Gibs & Gore. It's the only game that this emerging developer has launched to the market so far, but with remarkable succcess.
If you like platform games you will like this game. It respects the essence of platform-games but introduces an original gameplot and a new concept of controls that takes advantage of our devices. Give it a try, you won't regret.
Micronytes featured on Android Market!
Fulfil Your 2D Platformer Needs with Micronytes for Android! Optimised for both small and large devices and running in HD quality where available. Choose among 4 different control schemes to survive this threatening world. 80 levels and achievements that only hardcore gamers will get to complete.
- HD resolution (where available, it works like a charm in Galaxy Tab)
- 80 playable levels
- Original Sound Track
- Unlockable alternative ending (via achivements)
- Multiple control schemes
- XPERIA PLAY Optimized
A patient with a strange disease needs your help. You control the microscopic Micronytes on their hunt for the evil greens. Will you manage to cure the patient?
The game has an intro that immerses the player into the story, and two possible alternative outros that closes this opus.
The control system is innovative and intuitive with only three possible actions. These are as easy as going left (tap left part of the screen), going right (tap right part of the screen) and jumping (shake the device, but please do it gently you can adjust the sensitivity we don’t want a wiimote like massacre :) ).
If you don’t like the recommended control system you can have classic on screen joystick, hardware keyboard (Xperia Play included!) or even a Zeemote JS1 if you own one!
Micronytes features HD graphics (for suitable devices like Galaxy Tab or Motorola Xoom). Explore Micronyte’s world through its four different worlds.
Micronytes offers you plenty of entertainment hours. In addition to its 80 levels there is an achievement system that makes the game highly replayable. This achievements will enable a different ending to the story.
Music is one of the main characters in Micronytes. The sound track is a travel through different styles like jazz, orchestral and emotional filled grand piano songs. You wont get out of your head some of the tunes.
What the press has to say:
- "Overall, I would still recommend this game to anyone who plans on gaming on their device. It's got the same addictive qualities of Angry Birds with a much more slamming, big band jazz soundtrack. The gameplay is smooth and entertaining and really makes for a unique (and awesome) experience. Put away the Game Boy emulator." AndroidCentral.com
- "There’s a phrase “Masochistic platformer” that's used to describe a platforming game where fun is gained through succeeding despite the insanely high level of difficulty. Perhaps the best example of this brutal platforming sub-genre is the Meat Boy games, where the difficulty brings you back for more rather than discouraging you." AndroidSPIN.com
- "Micronytes is a new platform game for Android that features HD graphics, intuitive controls and a catchy, quirky soundtrack. The Fantastic Voyage-inspired plot has a tiny protagonist trying to cure a sick patient from within their body." AndroidGuys.com
- "Your object as a Micronyte is to find and rid all germs... Love the theme, germy-organism worlds have a Futurama flavor to them." AndroidTapp.com
- "Un jeu de plate-forme original et sympathique ! Dans ce jeu, vous incarnez un "médicament" qui s'en va détruire les microbes à l'intérieur d'un corps humain. A bord son petit vaisseau, votre personnage s'en va d'une artère à l'autre. A vous de le guider au cours des 80 niveaux de ce jeu au design soigné mais... particulier!" Android-Games.fr
Keywords: jumpnrun, jump and run, super mario bros, giana sister, rayman, meatboy, timing, obstaculos, obstacles, arcade, graficos, sonic, cartoon, nes, snes, dibujos, achievements, meganoid, lite, droid odyssey, prince of persia, adventure, free, karoshi, replica island, cordy, trofeos, trophies, hard, facebook, toki tori, twitter, erythrocyte, cell, celulas, illusia, alternative, blood, acid, microscopic
- Fixed map e04m15
- Built with newest android tools.
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
Hey guys. If you want to get free gifts from your phone check out (www.AndroidPrizes.net.tc) Just got myself a free $250 Visa gift card.
Very interesting game, something different than anything else that exist over there. Nice gameplay, beautifull jazzy music, good way of the lvls to grow your play. Very good
Cool style and feel, but oh boy are the controls painful. I think getting controls right on platform games is maybe the hardest on phones and tablets, but it can really be bothersome to play.
Freezes after every level so I have to reload the app on galaxy s iii. Fix it for five star.