If you wish to try the game before you buy, there is a Lite version available which give you full access to the first 2 levels.
Version 2.1 of Oubliette is a major update with a number of new features:
- It is now possible to have multiple users on the same device, each with their own set of game data. To create a new users simply select the 'Switch User' option from the main screen and enter a new user name.
- You can now both buy and sell items in the shop. In addition, you can find random non-basic items for sale.
- The Fireball, Lightning Bolt and Ice Storm spells now target only one monster group, and no longer do any damage to the party.
- The inventory system has been reworked. There is now one master pack which is shared by all characters. You will no longer need to transfer items from one character to another.
- The upper levels have been made easier, and the lower levels harder You will only get one monster group when you are on level one, one or two monster groups on level 2, up to three monster groups on levels 3 through 7, up to 4 monster groups on levels 8 & 9, and up to 5 groups on level 10.
- The gold situation is much improved at the beginning of the game. You will start with less gold, but should be able to find sufficient gold to be able to rest.
- The aging has been reduced. You now will age by weeks instead of months.
- Special rooms now yield new unique items with new powers as well as portal gems.
- Dungeon level 11 has been added, complete with a final boss.
- Both phone and tablet devices are now supported.
- Many minor improvements have been made which are too numerous to mention.
Oubliette is the classic multiplayer dungeon fantasy role playing game, finally available on Android phones. Build a party of fighters, priests, mages and thieves to run deep into the dungeon. Test your courage and skill against groups of orcs, trolls, vampires and dragons.
Earning its reputation as the thinking man's dungeon game, Oubliette blends the thrill of mortal combat with the sublime challenges of strategy, planning and adaptation. Rather than testing your reaction speed and nerves, like a first person shooter, Oubliette challenges the player to do
careful strategic planning as well as make tactical decisions in the heat of battle.
Each player (character) in the game is created from one of eight player races, which vary in attributes such as strength, intelligence, dexterity and durability. Elves are highly intelligent and (potentially) immortal, Orcs are strong with short life spans, Dwarves are strong with high wisdom, Kobolds are quite weak in most areas but advance more quickly.
Depending on these attributes, each player will be qualified to join a limited number of player classes (occupations). More balanced players will have more choices, including Hirebrand (fighter), Mage, Priest and Thief. Less commonly, players may be qualified for a highly selective class with special skills such as Ranger, Sage, Paladin, Samurai or Ninja.
Unlike games which focus on a single player against multiple opponents, Oubliette allows a party of up to 10 players with complementary skills to face the various types of monsters found in the dungeon. There are more than 160 different monsters, and to deal with them, more than 150 different pieces of equipment, which may be enchanted with special properties or skills.
Oubliette is challenging, but forgiving. New players commonly have their parties wiped out by an unfamiliar group of monsters. In fact, your party can meet up to 3 monster groups at the same time! Use the Temporal Chamber to save a Temporal Portal before dangerous trips. If things turn out badly, use the Temporal Chamber to turn back the clock and try again. The trapeze is every bit as thrilling, but safer, with a net below.
Explore the easier levels of the dungeon to build your party and expertise. And then, when you are ready, feel the power of the game on the deeper levels. Onward to Glory!
Tags: oubliette rpg , oubliette , oubliette review , oubliette rpg review , rywd
from 143 reviews