Star Ships is more than just a traditional space arcade shooter game. You take full control of a star ship and find yourself in a one on one combat against a seconds space craft. However, your enemy is not a dull, easy to destroy alien. Instead, the opponent ship is controlled by an artificial intelligence (AI) agent equipped with impressive fighting strategies. So, it's your task to find the right tactics and policies to defeat your opponent.
As a commander you have to control the behavior of your ship in a number of ways:
* Attack by using phasers or, for long range combat, by torpedos.
* Move by using your impulse drive or, alternatively, your warp drive.
* Rotate your ship using steering jets that are controlled by tilting your device.
* Avoid collisions.
* Keep an eye on and manage the energy levels of all tactical sub-systems of your ship.
* The app includes a short, 8-step tutorial for learning how to play ('Instructions').
* Game speed is adjustable at one's convenience (under 'Settings').
* The strength of the AI agent (controlling the enemy ship) is adjustable at one's skills.
* Choose among different star ship types.
* Sounds and force feedback can be switched off at one's convenience.
* The game supports three different modes (can be selected under 'Settings') for ship rotation control: a joystick-like mode, a handlebar-like mode, and a touch-based mode (see 'Instructions' within the game for details).
* The app supports the use of your device's geomagnetic sensor (compass), if it hase one, in order to improve joystick-like rotation control. This, essentially, also allows for playing in any desired position, even head over heels or upside down.
* Each of your space combats starts with a short (3 seconds) device calibration, during which you are encouraged to hold your device in your preferred null position (i.e. neutral position that doesn't yield rotations). Exception: When using the touch-based rotation control, no calibration is required.
Disclaimer. This software is provided by the authors and contributors "as is" and any express or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are disclaimed. In no event shall the authors or contributors be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages (including, but not limited to, procurement of substitute goods or services; loss of use, data, or profits; or business interruption) however caused and on any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict liability, or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of this software, even if advised of the possibility of such damage.
from 81 reviews