Sword & Glory
10,000 - 50,000 downloads
- Original mix of reading and fighting
- Original artsy interface
- Overall, no complaints
An advanced game book-like game
If we had to be historically accurate, the roots of Sword and Glory go back to some early Spectrum games which were a sort of game books but involved a few variables as well. Of course, there are many games based on this premise, but the weirdly eerie atmosphere created by artsy noire and white sprites sprinkled with color gives to this game an eye-catching look since the very first time you run it.
Once you play, everything's quite RPG-esque. Choose your clan and beliefs, your perks and throw yourself into the adventure. Adventures are made of a series of microquests more or less randomly chosen from an event pool, while fights are 2D fighting minigames, very simple yet surprisingly more thrilling that other actual 2D fighting games out there.
In a nutshell, a comprehensive game book game. Design may not be of your liking, brawls can become too haphazard even though you understand how the gears turn inside, but in the end it's a n experience worthy to be recommended.
Be a hero or a villain in a game of adventure and sword fighting. Defend the honor of you clan, amass fortunes or seek glory through defeating worthy opponents. Live your life to the fullest, for one day, as all men must, you will heed the raven's call...
- Permadeath - you will die, the only question is what for
- More than 160 Adventures
- Simple but challenging combat system
- Customize your character with 200 perks and 100 items
- Upgrade your home for extra bonuses with 21 Home Upgrades
- Earn one of more than 100 epithets, such as “the Brave”, “the Greedy” or “the Silver King”
- Leaderboards and achievements
Any feedback and suggestions are welcome at firstname.lastname@example.org
"It's a fantastic arrangement, well thought out from almost every angle."
"Go get Sword & Glory immediately"
- Pocket Tactics
"I think you should maybe add color to it."
- An iOS user review
- It is now possible to quit the app in Pause Menu
- Added adventure "The Lynx Banner" (Requires level 6, perk "Last of a Lost Clan", adventure "A Feud Not Forgotten")
- Miscallaneous tweaks and fixes
Great game. But would be better with color
I love how it also has a make your own decision thing
Because it always need to uninstall and reinstall since it is an old version already ...
I like it, but it gets hard. I die in the same place every time
Fails to even load after 2 deaths People say stuff about it but ifelse did NOTHING!
Beautifull graphics fighting everything. Keep up doing good work