Armored Defense II: Tower Game
10,000 - 50,000 downloads
- Great defense game
- Nothing special
A WWII themed defense game.
Armored II is, as it name implies, a defense game. This means that you should choose carefully your units and place them on a map to prevent enemies to cross the map and reduce your life meter. Defense games used to be about fantasy-related or future hi-tech themes, but such craze gave up to the releasing of a tower defense game related to whatever you can imagine. This Armored II is about WWII, and we have bunkers and tanks instead of any other stuff.
Every enemy unit has its own characteristics, as have yours, so you have to place your units accordingly and upgrade them wisely when you earn extra credits. What makes the difference is that Armored II is extremely well designed, graphics have a high resolution and three zoom levels (quite useful to understand what's happening on a map bigger than your screen) and gameplay is rather better than many other defense-like games where stages are either too easy or difficult to advance without buying upgrades through an in-app purchase. Oh, there's an in-app purchase of course in case you want to advance faster, but game's free otherwise whenever you don't waste your money. If you came to this paid version instead, know that it comes with a couple of additional maps and helps its developer to come along with Armored III or whatever he has on mind.
Nice additions are the testing ground -a practice mode, the possibility to order bombers to lay waste somewhere or the fact that some towers can't fire when their target is too close to them.
On the other hand, we know this review comes late, because all these mentioned perks can't avoid the fact that at this time it's somehow an outdated game. It's still a great and complex defense game and every defense gamer will enjoy it, but overall, once you play it you'll have to choose whether to being addicted to it or look for more modern defense games elsewhere.
HD version available!!: Armored Defense II: Tower HD
** FEATURED ON GOOGLE PLAY'S FIRST PAGE **
THE Tower Defense Game for smart people
- "Armored Defense II is a great tower defense game, it might even be one of the best, it looks great and has even more features than I’ve mentioned here such as dropping bombs and laying mines." Mark Dell - AndroidSpin.com
- "It’s very rare that you’d encounter a tower defense type of game for the Android that is as detailed, well designed and developed as Armored Defense II". Arnold Zafra - Android-Apps.com
Armored Defense II is the first strategic Tower Defense game, a surprise from start to end. One of the best Tower Defense games in terms of quality, realism and game play.
Your mission is to defend your territory from the hordes of armored vehicles that try to invade it by strategically deploying defense towers on the elevated sectors of the terrain. You can also put minefields in critical paths to slow the enemy’s tanks. And even build railways which Anti-tank towers can travel on to reach zones of hard coverage. In a tight spot? Call in air support to devastate a particularly contentious area.
- Unique Features:
• BIG maps (much bigger than average TD maps: 640x1920 pixels = 6 to 8 times a "normal" map) with 3 levels of zoom
• Railways for towers: anti-tank towers are great on them
• Bombers to devastate land areas
• Minefields, a special tower type that slows attackers
-Enemy tanks special abilities:
• Stealth, the capacity to disappear from your towers' radars during the hardest times
• Speed Boost, activated in critical situations generating a speed increase for several seconds.
• Self-Repair, allows vehicles to repair damage in march
• Anti-missile, protects tanks from tower missiles
• “The Tortoise”, an extra layer of armor that protects the main chassis of armored vehicles
- 3 difficulty levels and 3 military careers to engage in 5 different scenarios: thousand of missions and hundreds of hours of fun!
- Over 40 achievements, you can win Gold unlocking achievements
Tip: play the Training Camp to test your Tower Defense strategy with towers and tanks
VERY IMPORTANT - If you have some issues, please email me (tap "Send email to developer" bellow). I will respond all the queries.
KNOWN ISSUE: The first time the game loads could run very slow on some phones (Galaxy S, …). SOLUTION: exit the game (phone BACK button) and restart it.
KNOWN ISSUE Galaxy SII: Sound is disabled for known problem in this phone model
Reboot your phone and try again
Installation problems ?
Try to clear Android Market app cache:
Settings->Applications->Manage Applications->Market->Clear Cache.
READ_PHONE_STATE: Used to build a unique user id for STORE transactions
Especially interesting for those who like Tower Defense games as "Fieldrunners", "Robo Defense", "Myth Defense", "Grave Defense", "Jelly Defense", "Guns'n'Glory", "Tower Defense", "Sentinel" or "Tower Raiders"
HD version available!!: Armored Defense II: Tower HD
What a load of shite...doesn't even use full screen on galaxy note 3. Lazy devs
Lots of reply value here
Good game but it's stupid cause its not optimized for Samsung galaxy s4 fix that problem and I'll give 5 star
Wasn't captivating, played better.
Good game scales from easy to challenging
Very enjoyable tower defence. Extra points for avoiding the "pay extra to win" model that most games run on now. (note: there is a store to buy things but it is not essential to the game). Good balance of tower's and enemy abilities, difficulty could be h