50,000 - 100,000 downloads
- Cute retro-graphics
- 2D/3D artwork
- Online leaderboards
- High playability
- Could get boring after a while
+ By Kittehface Software
Canabalt HD is the remastered original platform action game which gave its name to the genre
Lots of Android games are Canabalt-like games, only one is Canabalt itself: Canabalt HD. It has been remastered to let you choose between classic 2D artwork or new 3D artwork. No matter the time since its first release, it's still such as addictive as it used to be. It isn't a coincidence that it became a genre by itself.
Canabalt HD is a platform action game in which a man is running over buildings. The purpose is keeping the guy running by jumping gaps, avoiding obstacles and get as far as you can. Yes, through endless levels that are randomly generated. If you fall down the cliff you'll have to start again, if you hit an obstacle the guy slows down. Although the distance of the gaps depends on the running speed, so if you fall down it's not because the running speed but that you jumped ahead of time.
And that's it, simple retro-graphics and simple gameplay and, however, as addictive as always. For nostalgics and newbies, this game is timeless
Share your achievements and scores on Google Play Games! Fully supports all Android devices and GoogleTV, plus gamepads!
PERMISSIONS: External storage and system settings are used to allow the saving of the music as a ringtone (if you'd like)!
A few quotes about Canabalt:
"Canabalt is pure genius." -necessarygames.com
"It's going to be quite some time before you find something so simple so thrilling again." -Offworld
"This "daring escape" platformer is simply beautiful and beautifully simple." -Kotaku
"Canabalt is actually much more intense than you'd assume of a game which requires a single finger to play." -GameSpy
"It's all very lovely and full of poignant subtext. And awesomeness. Canabalt is a prime example of a simple idea executed extremely well." -JayIsGames
"I have never seen a concept so richly and successfully realized in such a simple yet stunningly complete form. Canabalt represents the power and potential of small independent games." -gameinmind.com
"Music is another component that is just perfect - it enhances the strange and unsettling setting of the game and also gives a sense of speed with a hint of hope that quick feet might be the salvation to the horror." -bartsnews.net
"Fast load times combined with short (yet exciting) game sessions really make for an attractive game to play on a mobile device." -TouchArcade
Canabalt HD Videos
Google Play Games support for achievements and leaderboards!
- - Know what access (wifi, 3G…) you have at every moment.
- - Send and receive internet info.
- - android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE
- - Use the vibrator.
- - Write whatever to your SD card.
- - Read or write the system settings.
Displaying 3 of 0 - show all
- UpdatedNew version 3.0 released on 12/15/14.
- New pricePrice increased from $0.99 to $2.99 on 12/15/14.
- New pricePrice dropped from $2.99 to $0.99 on 07/26/14.
- UpdatedNew version 2.11 released on 08/09/13.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 50000 downloads level reached on 08/09/13.
- UpdatedNew version 2.1 released on 07/03/13.
- UpdatedNew version 1.2 released on 02/05/13.
- UpdatedNew version 1.15 released on 10/03/12.
- New pricePrice increased from $0.99 to $2.99 on 06/05/12.
- New pricePrice dropped from $2.99 to $0.99 on 05/27/12.
- UpdatedNew version 1.1 released on 05/22/12.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 10000 downloads level reached on 04/08/12.
- UpdatedNew version 1.07 released on 04/06/12.
- UpdatedNew version 1.06 released on 04/03/12.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 5000 downloads level reached on 04/03/12.
- UpdatedNew version 1.05 released on 03/30/12.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 1000 downloads level reached on 03/28/12.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 500 downloads level reached on 03/22/12.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 100 downloads level reached on 03/20/12.
- NewFirst appearance on 03/19/12.
Displaying 4 of 20 - show all
Impressive at first, great atmosphere, good music -- but the game gets repetitive very very fast. 56/100.
Hey guys. If you want to get free gifts from your phone check out (www.AndroidPrizes.net.tc) Just got myself a free $250 Visa gift card.
Too difficult to find satisfaction from playing. Why continue to play when the result is the same -- run 1000 yards and die. Fantastic.
Please add immersive mode
This game created the infinite runner genre in mobile gaming. PERIOD.