1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Beautiful artwork
- Story mode is appreciated
- Thrilling gameplay
- Not for everyone
+ By Rayark Inc.
When it seemed that music games where outdated, Cytus showed up, patching the usual shortages of the genre it belongs. Not only gameplay goes a little bit further than awaiting notes to fall at the bottom of the screen, but also it brings some fresh air in the form of a plot about robots and feelings. By the way, Cytus is a place where robots stored human emotions converted to music in order to keep alive what mankind was. It may not be a big deal by itself, but combined with the precious backgrounds and the fast beat trance music it creates somehow an atmosphere.
One of the most important features of this game is, unexpectedly, difficulty levels, because higher difficulties are, literally, unbeatable. Therefore, first at all, try to find a difficulty level you feel comfortable with. Then try to tap on the notes when the timeline is more centered the better. Know that it's tricky even if you have played this kind of games before. The only remarkable flaws are that there's no option to create tracks based on your own music library, and there isn't any way to play versus or co-op.
Game includes a hundred songs, compiled into a story mode. Upgrading it to premium doesn't release new songs, but gets you rid of the cooldown time to replay a song instead.
This game is definitively worth of giving it a go, both by newcomers to music games and by who has already a great deal of experience. Cytus embodies what music games should be, and it's a pity it wasn't released years ago to set the standards of the genre.
LET’S EXPERIENCE MUSIC ’N ART, BEAT ’N REBOUND!
Check the screenshots and you will see the most AWESOME mobile music game ever!
Just PLAY and ENJOY!
- 62 songs and 124 variations, including many from famous composers around the world
- Beautiful hand-drawn art style (as illustrated in the screenshots)
- Easy, intuitive Active Scan Line system and 3 types of notes
- Different display modes allow player-friendly previewing of notes
- Strong beat and rhythms provide satisfying feedback for taps
- More than 9 difficulty levels for more fun and challenges
- Various music genres: POP, JAZZ, TRANCE, HARDCORE, DRUM 'N BASS and many more
- Connect to Facebook and show off your Cytus skills
❖HOW TO PLAY❖
- Follow along the Active Scan Line
- Tap each note as the line passes through
- Time your taps as the line is at the center of the note for a higher score!
In the distant future, the only sentient beings in the world are robots.
They are the last remnant of the human spirit.
However, mankind is not dead.
Technology exists that is capable of transferring memories to these robots.
But with limited space, new memories will gradually overwrite the old.
To prevent the emotions in human memories from fading away, the robots resorted to converting the emotions to music, and storing them in a place called Cytus.
The robots use these songs to experience human emotion and dream that souls exists in each of them...
Cytus Official Site: http://www.rayark.com/g/cytus
Rayark Official Site: http://www.rayark.com
Follow Cytus https://twitter.com/CytusRayark
Like Cytus http://www.facebook.com/rayark.Cytus
Recently changed in this version:
- Purchase records are now correctly detected while disconnecting from network.
- Various fixes and optimizations.
Thanks to the support from players worldwide,
Chapter 4 is now available with 10 new songs for free!
The Million Downloads Plan is still in motion! Another
10 songs will be available for free after the next milestone.
Players who extremely wish to play upcoming chapters in
advance can pay them through In-App purchasing.
Last activity on Cytus
- Zalhera Downloaded May 13, 2013
- jackcast Downloaded Apr 27, 2013
- kayine Downloaded Apr 22, 2013
- soulcross Downloaded Apr 21, 2013
- feitheart.ruka Downloaded Apr 2, 2013
- sblim444 Downloaded Mar 31, 2013
- gb971 Downloaded Mar 27, 2013
- trojann00 Downloaded Mar 23, 2013
- siel88 Downloaded Mar 16, 2013
Comments and ratings for Cytus
This is so awesome! Graphics are so good and the quality is amazing!
So i stopped playing... something drew me back. Played 2 more songs and instantly bought it. If you are a fan of ddr, beatmania or rhythm games in general this is a MUST HAVE!!!!
this game is fun
It could use a little touch up. Most of the time gameplay is smooth, but, heading to the more difficult songs with more taps I've noticed a very annoying lag and delay in tap response time. Maybe this can be erased by adding a quality control option or et
everything is great but it's a little laggy other than that it's a awesome game
Really great game. Gave for stars because timing sends to be a little off but still a great game if you like music games