5,000 - 10,000 downloads
- OMG bullets
- Many different ways to play
- The sheer wall of color is staggering
- Way too chaotic for my taste
+ By G-Gee
Space-themed shoot-em-up on Japanese psychedelic drugs
Playing DoDonPachi Resurrection is like dropping a whole lotta psychedelics atop a fat stack of steroids and then wandering through the weirder parts of Tokyo in the year 2525. Kinda.
It's an ever-shooter, meaning both that you can theoretically shoot the hell out of everything forever and also that you never stop shooting. Seriously, the iridescent laser beams and bullets fill up at least 2/3 of the screen at any given time. If that's not enough, you can activate BOMB mode to create some serious blasting power, or HYPER CANNON because too much is never enough.
Difficulty and controls and game mode (either "SLAUGHTER" or "MENACE") and such are all adjustable, so there's a bunch of ways to tweak how you play. Absolutely all of them, however, are "BULLET HEAVEN" (dev's words, not mine).
I dunno, man. It's kind of impossible to dodge the enemy attacks, because your ship takes up most of the size of the screen. It's not exactly difficult to hit your target either, given that you're spewing 235947236 bullets every nanosecond. That said, it's actually pretty tricky to get very far. I'm not sure what the right strategy is, but perhaps I just haven't been able to focus on the subtleties of maneuvering whilst my eyeballs were being assaulted by an futuristic acid-dream gone bananas.
That said, DoDonPachi Resurrection is respected as one of the best in its genre. And I did feel compelled to play it through several times, so! Your mileage may vary.
★"Best Action/Arcade Game for iPhone" Winner at The Pocket Gamer Awards 2011★
Sequel to legendary Danmaku shooting game "DoDonPachi Blissful Death(DAI-OU-JOU)"!
The Legendary shooter, "DoDonPachi Resurrection" is now resurrected on Smartphone!
Smash your way through the world of "Resurrection" !
≪ ★ DODONPACHI RESURRECTION★ ≫
● TWO GAME MODES
Two fully-featured game modes: Smartphone Mode, an exclusive adaptation tailored to
the Smartphone format, and Arcade Mode, a port of the arcade shooter classic.
●S.M SCORING SYSTEM
Get whipped by the SM Scoring System, built specifically for Smartphone Mode!
Shift between "S" SLAUGHTER, and "M" MENACE modes!
Use the Supreme Weapon of Annihilation "Hyper Cannon" to smash your way through the world of “Resurrection”!
●BGM UPDATED FOR SMARTPHONE MODE! ORIGINAL BGM FOR ARCADE MODE INCLUDED!
● PRACTICE MODE
Practice Mode included to help boost your score! Beginner and veteran shooters, brush up to beat your friends!
●3 UNIQUE SHIPS, 3 DIFFICULTIES, 3 SCREEN SETTINGS AND 4 BUTTON LAYOUTS
●OPTIMIZED CONTROLS FOR SMARTPHONE
Pull off moves impossible on an arcade stick right in the palm of your hand!
●COMPATIBLE WITH G-GEE RANKING
●SECRETS TO FIND!
"Shake Shake Resurrection"
Shake the game up for a mysterious? hidden BGM track!
Hidden Ship in Smartphone Mode
The True Last Boss of Dodonpachi Resurrection, ]-[|/34<#! (Hibachi) can be selected in Smartphone Mode!
*More information on secrets is available at the CAVE WORLD homepage.
More info about CAVE here:
Check the latest news on our official website!
Follow on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
** Please note that the game may slow down on certain devices.
** Please reboot your device to clear the memory to play.
** More than 1.2GB SD card free space is required to install.
**Please be sure that your device is connected to Wi-Fi network to download.
◆What's New in Version 1.0.4
Silent mode issue corrected.
DODONPACHI RESURRECTION Videos
Added support for Android 4.3
- - Know what access (wifi, 3G…) you have at every moment.
- - Access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- - Send and receive internet info.
- - android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE
- - Read phone state. Used to know whether you're in a call or not.
- - Use the vibrator.
- - Prevent your device from sleeping or screen from dimming (turn brightness down).
- - Write whatever to your SD card.
- - com.android.launcher.permission.INSTALL_SHORTCUT
- - Sell digital goods through in-app purchase.
- - Query Android Market to obtain their licensing status. Used to avoid piracy.
- - com.ggee.vividruntime.gg_1549.permission.C2D_MESSAGE
- - com.google.android.c2dm.permission.RECEIVE
Displaying 3 of 0 - show all
- UpdatedNew version 13.12.02 released on 01/21/14.
- UpdatedNew version 13.07.04 released on 09/05/13.
- New pricePrice increased from ¥500 to ¥700 on 04/20/13.
- New pricePrice dropped from ¥700 to ¥500 on 04/07/13.
- UpdatedNew version 12.10.07 released on 02/15/13.
- New pricePrice increased from ¥500 to ¥700 on 01/07/13.
- New pricePrice dropped from ¥700 to ¥500 on 12/21/12.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 1000 downloads level reached on 10/17/12.
- New pricePrice increased from ¥500 to ¥700 on 10/06/12.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 500 downloads level reached on 09/20/12.
- NewFirst appearance on 09/01/12.
Displaying 4 of 11 - show all
Best shooter on Android runs great on Note 3 but won't even start on my Moto G?
Just upgraded from an Xperia z (which had 4.3) to a new Xperia Z2 which shipped with 4.4.2 and now there is no sound in dodonpachi , or any other games ported by G-Gee like ikaruga . I don't know whether it's the Xperia or android kit Kat, but reduced rating from 5 to 3. Please fix audio in your ports. These games are the best and deserve some support.
Always worked on my HTC One M8 and sometimes on my Optimus G and now FINALLY works on my Nexus 7 FLO. Would've given 5 stars if I didn't have the hassle of the game breaking and the completely unnecessary and ironically named GMO bloatware.
Would be nice if I could use my controller. I love cave games. I will not support them on mobile if they keep using g gee though. The social software I have to install is trash.
This is by far the best shumup on Android!!!!
Do not hesitate to buy this game. It is by far one of the best video games I have ever played.
Heartbreaking. Was fine right up until the KitKat upgrade on my Nexus 7. Now the app won't launch and you just get a screen saying app launch error. Tried clearing the cache and reinstalling, but no dice. Contacting the developers seems to be a waste of time as you get no response. So fix it please. Stop ignoring the customers. It cost a fiver and I can no longer play it.