1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Free, no ads. Supported by in-app purchases.
- Great graphics
- Options and stuff
- It'd be great if there were more customization options
An action game set on where you are
It must be pretty hard for any developer nowadays to actually innovate either the z-genre or action gaming. However, here and there appears someone with a great idea, usually making a new use of a feature of our devices used for another thing. In this case, Red Robot Labs places your position thanks to your GPS to somehow personalize your gaming experience. It's nice when you can read "outbreak has spread to Hinsdale County, CO". Unfortunately, it doesn't run over G's Maps, but we hope it's something that will come someday.
In Global Outbreak, you play the role of a mercenary leader working for a private security corporation whose resemblance to Blackwater is purely coincidential. Anyway, an infection is spreading and turning people into brainless zombies and governments are unable to fence it off, so you have been called to clean up the mess and earn some money by the way.
Surprisingly, game's only 80 Mb and runs on any toaster with Android 2.0 or higher. Graphics are nice and zoominable, sound effects are appropriate, music sounds minimal yet eerie and native controls for touchscreens work fine, at least where you are in the middle of the action. Gameplay can be summarized in: select a ground team, clean the zone, call the chopper, spend money to build and place depots, purchase new helicopters and weapons, recruit new mercenaries. Sounds great, isn't it?
Last but not least, learning and difficulty curves are right enough to allow epic runaways from hot zones and AI's pretty smart, so you can trust your mates won't throw themselves into a certain death when you tap on a spot behind a corner or whatever. Indeed, it's nice to see how they keep shooting down enemies while they retreat to a barricade or near a defense turret. On the other hand, it's a game pretty hard to quit off, to the point of having to leave to the homescreen and manually force close it.
Although we'd like there were any customization options for our soldiers, GPS could be exploited far more and it'd be great to watch some voiced cutscenes, in short it is an awesome, free to play game. There's intense action, a pinch of strategy and a bunch of growling zombies. Who's in?
Use the fully 3D tactical view of the globe to plan your strategy then control your soldiers in epic missions throughout the world.
Welcome to Global Outbreak. You are the head of Blackhorne Industries, the world’s best and most trusted mercenary outfit.
The world has been hit by a lethal virus, turning people into enraged zombie mutants.
The authorities of each city are working hard to prevent the virus from spreading, but you have been assigned to act quickly and decisively before the bombs drop!
- Location Aware: The game is truly global, and by turning on your GPS, Global Outbreak will tailor your gaming experience around your location.
- Soldiers: In the fight against global annihilation people are key. Build up a roster of elite mercenaries by levelling up their abilities. Take them from campaign to
campaign and build an army of ultimate warriors to fight the infection.
- Weapons: Increase your firepower by unlocking new weapons and researching an immense range of upgrades.
- Unique Controls: Direct your squads with a control system designed from the ground up for touchscreens, allowing you to play the game with just one finger.
*2 New Guns: Plasma Rifle, Uber Pistol
- Aida@appszoom Downloaded Jul 3, 2013
- Ilaitinai Downloaded Jul 2, 2013
- sodos Downloaded Jun 1, 2013
- Zalhera Downloaded May 13, 2013
- Антон Downloaded May 2, 2013
- dannyx15_96 Downloaded Apr 16, 2013
- carloshc Downloaded Mar 17, 2013
- Richard S. Downloaded Mar 7, 2013
- NIKOS A. Downloaded Mar 6, 2013
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Peter Warrior.
This game is fun so fun in fact that I tried to spend some money to get more gold. Well they took my money but have not yet added any gold to my account! If this is fixed easily a four star game.
1. Bad game tutor and not obvious gameplay 2. Start with no gold and have to buy it for real money 3. Bought gold for dollar for test, got nothing. Lost money. 4. Game very glitching. From time to time require kill process. Use Nexus 5. 5. Controls overla
Make the time for the helicopter's refil faster
I like how it has it like a race
As usualky problems with extra content which is expensive
This game is the best game EVER to cross the unit control, and tower defense games deffenetly a good download.