God of Blades
10,000 - 50,000 downloads
- Finesse gameplay (Hey, you can parry!)
- Outstanding technical performance
- No lite or trial version
- Action seems afar
A great 2D action game
Conan-like sidescrollers of yore such as Rastan Saga and Golden Axe bequeath a large inheritance to games coming many years before. One of such would be this God of Blades, which gathers la crème de la crème of the 2D sidescrolling genre features and adds a few from its own assortment.
Animations are gorgeous, although it won't be the new Prince of Persia, it's something other games games can only dream of. Likewise, GoB character creation can't compete with PC RPGs, but it's rather good taking into account it's an arcade. Graphics are also eye-catching, and it's appreciated that White Whale Games didn't play the retro card on this bet.
Therefore, no matter what kind of games you like most, this 2D sidescroller, stuffed with an epic storyline and an awesome technical performance, will be a must have for casual and hardcore players alike.
One of the Best Games of 2012: Action- TouchArcade
Pocket Tactics' 2012 Action Game of the Year!
"The tortured, veiny world the art conjures and the surreal music it uses to bolster its paranoid sci-fi vibe are both riveting aspects that suck you into a surreal universe and doesn't let go."
8/10 Edge Magazine!
"God Of Blades enhances its glorious alien bloodshed with lavish presentation that blends the pulp sensibilities of paperback fantasy novels with the bizarre visions found on prog rock album covers."
A love-song to pulp fantasy tales of yore, 70s synth-prog-landscape oddities, and forgotten places, God of Blades is a gorgeous, visceral sidescrolling physics-based sword-fighting adventure.
See the trailer at http://www.whitewhalegames.com
Praise for God of Blades:
“Cripes. So many reasons to like this. The pulpy sci fi narrative, the prog rock lettering and album art backdrops, the spectral swordsmen and the fearsome sense of connection. God of Blades is pretty much glorious, basically.” - Christian Donlan, Hookshot Inc.
“...we were reminded of Shadow of the Beast for some reason – probably because of the music and the setting... that’s a very good thing.”- Chris Priestman, IndieGameMag
“The White Whale Games crew has gone above and beyond demonstrating their devotion to stories and literature, and [Loreseeker] is one of the most creative and brilliant ways they could have possibly conceived to get people to go to those incredible repositories of human knowledge known as libraries.” - Brad Hilderbrand, Gamezebo
“God of Blades is dripping with style” - Jim Squires, Gamezebo
The dead king rises! Become a spectral warrior who has returned to defend his planet against a rampaging doom-cult and the devouring touch of the cosmic horrors they serve. Wrenching this world from the grasp of oblivion, the Nameless King wields phantom blades forged from the legends and heritage of a dying world.
Raise your blade, and rush into the darkness!
BATTLE ACROSS AN ALIEN WORLD
- 11 Breathtaking, handcrafted environments and art inspired by pulp novel covers, classic RPG modules, and 1970s rock
- Extensive Campaign mode includes gorgeous cinematics and an epic story in the tradition of fantasy sagas past.
WIELD A GODLIKE ARSENAL
- An array of unlockable weapons, each with a unique look, feel, power, and history— learn their tales and develop your own fighting strategies. Banish your enemies to other dimensions, cover them in flames, slow time to achieve impossible blows, summon raging storms, coat them in soul-devouring worms and more!
- Addictive, emergent, physics-driven combat makes every duel unique—shatter weapons, armor, and send your foes flying. No two duels are the same.
A WAR THAT NEVER ENDS
- Eternal mode offers white-knuckle survival gameplay- how long can you last the different warriors that comprise the void-crazed horde?
- Pit your swordfighting prowess against the monstrous Voidchosen—procedurally generated master warriors.
- Stellar aural experience, featuring tremendous sound design, and an album-length score reminiscent of 60s/70s fantasy and horror films
EXPLORE YOUR WORLD, CHALLENGE THE DARKNESS
- Unlock select weapons by visiting real world libraries, using our innovative feature, Loreseeker.
God of Blades v1.1
- Major performance tweaks on Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy S4, etc.
- Fixed graphical glitches occurring on Samsung Galaxy S3 and other similar devices
- Added option in start screen menu options for toggling high end graphics
Only have one problem, and that I cant unlock exclusive swords thru loreseeker. Im at my library and it says that its identifying but nothing is happening.
Cant start it without it crashing. If this is fixed tis possibld its good but i dunno yet :/
This game is so perfect!!!!I love how you swipe your fingers to fight instead of pressing a button.the graphics!!!!oh the graphics!!!they are so detailed and beeutiful!please make update for harder levels and more stories!game is a little short,but I sti
Great game fun but I would add more knives more levels some type of multiplayer I would add being able to upgrade your armor And character to make him more powerful other but amazing game I hope you add more features
This game is a gem of a find. The gameplay is somewhat repetitive but enjoyable. The story is an enjoyable mixture of sci-fi and fantasy. I also like the 80'ish music. Unfortunately I encountered a bug. The Loreseeker function which requires you to be at
Please make a sequel.
I was hoping for more swords with more powers so this game wouldn't will slowly decay like the Sable king. It's an amazing game and the graphics and campaign are pretty superb. I just wish there was an update where we have new swords and we can choose w