100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- Retro graphics and soundtrack
- Highly addictive
- Mad game pace
- Random level generation
- Can't switch weapons
- Annoying ads
Gunslugs is an action-packed arcade game set in retro-graphics
OrangePixel has done it once again. It seems that dusting old-fashioned gameplays and graphics is a great formula. At least, it's working quite good for this developer. Gunslugs has obvious similarities with Metal Slug, both gameplay and theme are almost the same: you must lead one out of two soldiers through nightly boot camps and enemy's bases on the desert while fulfilling briefing goals. On your way you'll have to end up charlies, jump over obstacles, collect power-ups and fight against final bosses.
In Gunslugs, OrangePixel has gone a step further regarding graphics though. Highly-pixelated retro graphics, with only one premise: minimalism can be attractive. And actually it is. Although this kind of graphics are recurrently used by them in their titles, what makes Gunslugs, in my opinion, the most interesting game they've released so far is the chaotic action-packed gameplay.
A random level generation, unlockable characters, lots of weapons to collect (you cannot switch them, you hold what you find until you run out of bullets), handicaps, power-ups and huge final bosses who aren't easy to beat at all. A great mix that guarantees having a blast. Highly recommended.
** FREE VERSION, Comes with advertising, if you hate that, please support us by buying the premium version without ads!
- “There’s so much praise I want to ramble on about, but I’ll leave it at this: Gunslugs is a game you must get your hands on” – Gamezebo
- Basically, it’s everything you could ask for from a rampaging action game, all packed up in a neat little mobile release with ample amounts of retro-style visuals, music and secrets.” – JayIsGames
- We grabbed a bunch of expendable action hero's from the 80s and we made them team up as the Gunslugs to fight the war against the always evil Black Duck Army. Can you save the planet? maybe even the universe?
* Random level generation - no 2 game sessions will be the same!
* Unlockable characters
* Thumping sound track
* Fun variation of weapons
* Tank driving!
* Jetpack flying!
* Secret levels
* Rain, snow, and big bad hell worms
* Wizards, princesses, geeks, voodoo priests and many more surprises... !
- Two player co-op mode is supported by use of the BT controllers, Wiimotes, OUYA controllers and more, check http://orangepixel.net/gunslugs for more info
if you run into problems or the game wont work on your device, instead of just rating 1 star, you could help us fix it by providing feedback!
keywords - retro 2D platform action game 8bit pixelart
Xperia PLAY Optimized
MOGA controller supported
Green Throttle controller supported
NVidia Shield supported
Supports WiiMotes, and a host of bluetooth controllers, just connect and play!
+Google Play Game services
Added support for NVidia Shield
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
The bosses take a lot of skill.
I love it
Solid and fun.
its a good came
Nice game but the visulas kept screwing up to a point where you cant even tell what going on