1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Great and beautiful 16bit-like graphics
- Huge map and lots of quests
- Complete yet no complex RPG features
- Obtrusive ads
- In-app shop is too important.
A 2D massive RPG.
Those of you savvier in online multiplayer games maybe have heard about Maple Story, because it's one of the oldest and was considered a phenomenon in some Asian countries. Go in advance that this mobile version isn't a MMO at all, because the only interactions with other players are limited to messages and a noticeboard.
What you will find after installing the 40 Mb package is a 2D platformer sidescroller with RPG features. These RPGs features are easy to understand for casual gamers, but have enough depth to be explored and enjoyed by more expert gamers. In short, this game is on looking for non player characters who give you quests to fulfill and moving through an endless map chopping critters of all kinds.
As other freemium games do, MapleStory strongly relies on its in-app shop, where real money can be exchanged for sweet in-game currency. Perhaps MapleStory gives the feeling of relying too much on it, as it seems that nearly anything must be purchased sooner or later. When you start there's only one character available (it's quite cool, though) and if you wish so, you can spend money to buy more characters, items and stuff and to fully unlock the message service. Money also grants access to new zones of the map, experience increases and get rid of ads -which are quite annoying, flat truth here.
On the other hand, controls are excellent, 16bit manga like graphics are graceful and there are quite a few nice touches, such as the customizable user interface and several minigames. No complaints regarding its technical features, its only draw is that so much importance given to the shop may be a heavy burden for a mobile game.
In conclusion, a nice game and a nice way to be initiated in real Maple Story, where there are a lot of additional options that can't be found here. Enjoyable for a long while, but if you like it much, it'd be better if you go ahead and play the complete PC version.
《Even players who have already purchased Angelic Buster (including pre-orders) will get the gift!》
《You need to update the game to the 1.4.1 version in order to get all the gifts!》
We've got a whole list of hot gifts for you!
♡ Gift 1 – When purchasing Angelic Buster, you'll get Demon Slayer + Item Capsule x 50 all for free!
♡ Gift 2 – If you already have Demon Slayer, you'll get 7,600 Candies worth of items for free!
* Multi-Enhancer Scroll X 1 (2,000 Candies)
* Miracle Cube X 2 (1,600 Candies)
* AP/SP Reset Scroll X 1 (4,000 Candies)
- Even players who have already purchased Angelic Buster (pre-orders included) will receive the gifts!
- Players who received the Demon Slayer through Gift 1 will be excluded from receiving Gift 2.
- This event starts on Monday April 1st.
★ The First Huge Update of 2013! ★
Get ready to bust MapleStory Live wide open!
♥ [Angelic Buster] Character Update♥
[Angelic Buster], Maple World's first pop idol hero, is here!
- Angelic Buster can only be purchased with Candy.
- If you make your Job Advancement at Level 10, you'll be able to use the Anglic Buster's unique equipment, the ‘Soul Shooter’.
- Making the Job Advancement at Level 10 will activate the 1st and 2nd Job Adv. skills together.
- Once you transform through Dress Up mode, you'll be able to attack with the Soul Shooter.
- All of Angelic Buster's skills use the all-new Recharge system.
- Try out the hundreds of items, dozens of skills, and many avatars that only the Angelic Buster can use.
♥ Tons of Fun You Cannot Miss ♥
- Explore the strange new land of [Pantheon]!
- Face off against a brand new boss!
- Battle your way through over 200 new quests!
- Get to know 15 new characters!
- Hunt 10 new types of monsters!
The MapleStory legend continues!
The fun and adventure of the MapleStory series is here, right in the palm of your hand.
The stories, monsters, and characters keep coming in constant updates.
Enjoy the endless world of adventure in MapleStory Live!
- If the program is force closed during play (like from a low battery), you may experience data errors.
Please close the game properly when you play.
- If you do lose saved data, please save your Nexon data and send the developers your nickname information. We will do what we can to restore your data.
(You can check your nickname from the character information on the upper right side of the game screen.)
- After you have saved your Nexon data, you may get an error telling you to reinstall the program. Make sure you save the game data again from the options on the bottom right of the character selection screen. Afterwards, delete and reinstall the game.
If the data was not saved before the re-installation, your character data will be deleted.
- Suspicious activity (such as changing your MAC address) can result in your account being banned.
Nexon Mobile Facebook (http://facebook.com/nexonmobile)
Customer Service (email@example.com)
★ Update Angelic buster
They keep asking me to download the updated files but tell me slow connection, restart the game.
After I dl, it said slow connection and restart the game. Tried few time still the same. Im using wifi . Please fix it.
COMPUTER Maple Story is still better.:-X
This app is verry good but to slow update
It wont even let me start the game even if I down load it.
I love this game
I like it