100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- HD graphics and cool soundtrack
- Original controls (jump by shaking the device)
- Achievements system
- Can't move the game to SDcard
- Bit simple: need to collect more stuff or extra features
- Requires multitouch screen (Android 2.x)
+ By Gibs & Gore
A patient with a strange disease needs your help. You control the microscopic Micronytes on their hunt for the evil green blobs through 80 levels and 4 different worlds. There's an achievement system thanks to which you can win trophies that will modify the end of the story. We found it to be a bit simple; there could be more stuff to collect or extra features to avoid having the feeling that you’re just running and jumping.
The Micronytes have three possible moves: right (tap right), left (tap left) and jump (shake the device). Even though it’s a bit weird at first, it’s this unique control system that makes the difference. If you can’t quite get the hang of it you also have the classic joypad on the touchscreen. The game requires a multitouch screen (Android 2.x).
The HD comic-based graphics and the relaxing music increase the overall quality of the game. The sound track is a journey through different styles like jazz, orchestral and emotion- filled grand piano tracks.
Its main flaw is probably that it can’t be moved to the SD card. Not good news for a 30 mb game...
This is a trial version, so you won't be able to play the 80 levels and get all the trophies. The paid version is also available in the market for just 2€, but I have to say, it's well worth it.
Micronytes has been developed by Gibs & Gore. It's the only game that this emerging developer has launched on the market so far and it seems to be doing remarkably well.
If you like platform games then you’re sure to like this one. It respects the essence of a classic platform-game but introduces an original gameplot and a new concept of controls that takes full advantage of our devices. Give it a try- you won't regret it!
- HD resolution (where available, it works like a charm in Galaxy Tab)
- 80 playable levels, 15 levels on this demo version
- More enemies!
- Original Sound Track
- Unlockable alternative ending (via trophies)
- Multiple control schemes
A patient with a strange disease needs your help. You control the microscopic Micronytes on their hunt for the evil greens. Will you manage to cure the patient?
The game has an intro that immerses the player into the story, and two possible alternative outros that closes this opus.
The control system is innovative and intuitive with only three possible actions. These are as easy as going left (tap left part of the screen), going right (tap right part of the screen) and jumping (shake the device, but please do it gently you can adjust the sensitivity we don’t want a wiimote like massacre :) ).
If you don’t like the recommended control system you can have classic on screen joystick, hardware keyboard (Xperia Play included!) or even a Zeemote JS1 if you own one!
Micronytes features HD graphics (for suitable devices like Galaxy Tab or Motorola Xoom). Explore Micronyte’s world through its four different worlds.
Micronytes offers you plenty of entertainment hours. In addition to its 80 levels there is an achievement system that makes the game highly replayable. This trophies will enable a different ending to the story.
Music is one of the main characters in Micronytes. The sound track is a travel through different styles like jazz, orchestral and emotional filled grand piano songs. You wont get out of your head some of the tunes.
What the press has to say:
- "Overall, I would still recommend this game to anyone who plans on gaming on their device. It's got the same addictive qualities of Angry Birds with a much more slamming, big band jazz soundtrack. The gameplay is smooth and entertaining and really makes for a unique (and awesome) experience. Put away the Game Boy emulator." AndroidCentral.com
- "There’s a phrase “Masochistic platformer” that's used to describe a platforming game where fun is gained through succeeding despite the insanely high level of difficulty. Perhaps the best example of this brutal platforming sub-genre is the Meat Boy games, where the difficulty brings you back for more rather than discouraging you." AndroidSPIN.com
- "Micronytes is a new platform game for Android that features HD graphics, intuitive controls and a catchy, quirky soundtrack. The Fantastic Voyage-inspired plot has a tiny protagonist trying to cure a sick patient from within their body." AndroidGuys.com
- "Your object as a Micronyte is to find and rid all germs... Love the theme, germy-organism worlds have a Futurama flavor to them." AndroidTapp.com
- "Un jeu de plate-forme original et sympathique ! Dans ce jeu, vous incarnez un "médicament" qui s'en va détruire les microbes à l'intérieur d'un corps humain. A bord son petit vaisseau, votre personnage s'en va d'une artère à l'autre. A vous de le guider au cours des 80 niveaux de ce jeu au design soigné mais... particulier!" Android-Games.fr
Keywords: jumpnrun, jump and run, super mario bros, giana sister, rayman, meatboy, timing, obstaculos, obstacles, arcade, graficos, sonic, cartoon, nes, snes, dibujos, achievements, meganoid, lite, droid odyssey, prince of persia, adventure, free, karoshi, replica island, cordy, trofeos, trophies, hard, facebook, toki tori, twitter, erythrocyte, cell, celulas, illusia, alternative, blood, acid, microscopic
Recently changed in this version:
- Updated SDK.
- Fixed map e04m15.
Lists with: Micronytes Free
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
Comments and ratings for Micronytes Free
B eat game ever
Wow this is good but... It is boring
Very boring no challenge as you cannot attack and the germs don't fight you at all.
Hey guys. If you want to get free gifts from your phone check out (www.AndroidPrizes.net.tc) Just got myself a free $250 Visa gift card.
This is my favorite game on my phone atm.
boring as hell... do nto install unless you just wanna make sure that your phonehas a touch screen ... it's all that is good for...