500,000 - 1,000,000 downloads
- Quite challenging
- Original concept and gameplay
- Paid version
+ By Hemisphere Games
Be the biggest organism and don't let the large predators eat you
As the game says, Absorb or be absorbed. Your goal is to absorb smaller organisms so you can grow and avoid the large predators. There are two game modes, Odyssey (27 levels in total, only 8 in DEMO version and Arcade (you can play the level you want out of the 72).
The game's strength is that it has many features and controls: pinch, tap, flick, many things to do in an extremely challenge gameplay based on physic movements. There are several achievements to complete, each one of them harder than the previous one.
The graphics are great, detailed and well-done. You need a lot of patience and concentration in order to play this game, because it's definitely not easy and requires some time to get used to it. Hemisphere Games is the creator of Osmos, the demo version and the full paid version. Try the demo version and if you like it enough (which you probably will), don't doubt and upgrade.
“The ultimate ambient experience” — Gizmodo
“Beyond doubt, a work of genius” — GameAndPlayer.net
Note: This single version is optimized for both tablets and phones. Enjoy on all your Android devices. (Requires multitouch and 2.2 or higher. For more info, please visit http://www.hemispheregames.com/faq-android/#tech_devices)
you must grow by absorbing smaller motes, but to propel yourself you must eject matter behind you, causing you to shrink. From this delicate balance, Osmos leads the player through floating playgrounds, competitive petri dishes, deep solar systems, and more.
“Named as Game of the Year for a reason, Osmos is a fantastic game. A combination of physics, survival and classic eat em up” — WeDoCode
“Whether you're a child at heart who likes mucking about with single-cell organisms, or a strategist with a physics degree, this game will appeal to everyone.” — player review
AWARDS / recognition:
* Editor's Choice — Google, Wired, Macworld, IGN, GameTunnel, and more...
* "iPad Game of the Year" and Apple Design Award winner
* #1 Top mobile Game — IGN
* Game of the Year — Create Digital Music
* Best in Show — IndieCade
* Vision Award + 4 IGF nominations — Independent Games Festival
* Coolest Atmosphere — IGN
* Best Soundtrack — IGN
* Most Innovative Game — Best App Ever Awards, Pocket Gamer
* Many top lists including Kotaku, PAX, TouchArcade, iLounge, APPera, IFC, and more...
* New: Multiplayer! (more info below.)
* 72 levels spanning 8 distinct worlds: Ambient, Antimatter, Solar, Sentient, Repulsor, Impasse, Warped Chaos, and Epicycles.
* Award-winning electronic soundtrack by Loscil, Gas, High Skies, Biosphere, Julien Neto, and more.
* Seamlesss multitouch controls: swipe to warp time, tap anywhere to eject mass, pinch to zoom…
* Endless replay value: play random versions of any level in Arcade mode.
* Time-warping: slow down the flow of time to outmaneuver agile opponents; speed it up to raise the challenge.
* Earn 14 single-player and 18 multiplayer achievements, with Google Play Services integration.
★ NEW MULTIPLAYER ★
* Play against your friends and enemies, locally (via wi-fi), or over the Internet via Google Play Services (wi-fi only)!
* 6 distinct Arenas: Ambient, Impasse, Solar, Warped Chaos, Epicycles, and introducing… Antimatter Impasse.
***Please note that local multiplayer between iPhone/iPad and Android is not yet supported.
4/4 ★, Must Have - “We are more than overwhelmed by Osmos for iPad… The game design is thoughtful and intuitive, new level structures are flawless, and the visuals are stunning yet simplistic… You just won’t find another experience quite like it.” — Slide To Play
“a beautiful, absorbing experience." — IGN
5/5 stars ★, Macworld Editor’s Choice - “One of the best games we’ve played so far this year. An utterly serene, yet fiendishly complicated game...”
“Osmos is a must-play...” -MTV Multiplayer
5/5 stars - “Osmos is an absolute must that will change the way you think of games, and what you expect from them.” -AppAdvice
“Brilliantly clever” -Co Design
Happy Osmoting! :)
Change Log for v.2.0.4
- Fix for crash bug on Android 2.x.x devices
Change Log for v.2.0.3
- Fixed multiplayer issue ("Blobiverse desynced") on Android 4.3
- Fixed local multiplayer issue on some HTC devices (new permission required)
- Fixes and better messaging for multiplayer disconnection edge cases
- New icon!
- If you are experiencing sound distortion in Osmos on a Samsung Galaxy S3, please turn off the Auto Haptic in the sound settings of your device.
Very challenging and intriguing.
It's a somewhat challenging, but still very addictive game, especially once you make it to the arcade and multiplayer areas.
I first played this gem of a game in 2011 and I still love it. It's a perfect blend of relaxing music, unique execution, atmosphere, and difficulty. I love how the game feels cosmic and microbiological at the same time. This is pure gaming zen, trust me.
Just a visual and audio pleasure.
I love this game, especially for it's ambient soundtrack. Highly recommend for those that want a nice relaxing time passing game.