QII4A (source port of quake 2)
5,000 - 10,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
The original author of this app is n0n3m4, contact him for any questions (I'm just a publisher, description is written by him). Legal information is available in the end of description.
QII4A is a port of YQuake2 to Android. It is based on GPL source code. Note that THIS APP DOESN'T CONTAIN OR DOWNLOAD ANY OF QUAKE 2 DATA FILES, you need to copy "baseq2" folder from Quake 2 game (patched to the latest version, for example you can buy it on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/2320/ ) to the folder specified in QII4A launcher (create that folder manually, example of correct path to "baseq2" folder: "/sdcard/qii4a/baseq2" with "/sdcard/qii4a" directory in launcher).
- 10-finger multitouch =)
- Move and resize all controls.
- Hide controls and add more, you can configure opacity for any control.
- Analog movement joystick
- Full mouse support! (with root rights only). This is the only port that supports mouse (at the moment).
- Gamepad and keyboard support just as on your PC: you can rebind buttons in-game or in console for advanced tuning.
- Configure resolution and color depth by yourself. You can even set 100x100 resolution: all resolutions are supported (except negative values =)).
- Set MSAA for best graphics.
1) Slow on some old devices.
This app is a Quake 2 source port, GPL source code is included in APK. It is placed in APK\assets\source\. This project doesn't use any code from "Quake 2 Touch" (and other Beloko's and monica john's "ports").
QII4A stands for "Quality Impressive Incredible game engine FOR All.". All included icons/images were painted by me and are protected by copyright.
Quake 2 is a registered trademark of id Software. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. All trademarks are used under the terms of Fair Use: usage is nominative.
If you think that there are copyright issues in QII4A, email me (email@example.com).
Any attempt to remove this app by DMCA notice without contacting me directly first will be really unfair, FSF and community will be notified immediately.
Tags: qii4a, qii4a mods.
Added ACCESS_SUPERUSER permission because some authors of Superuser apps think that it is clever to ask root permissions twice (but I think that it is the most stupid idea I've ever heard).
Replaced one-time donate notification with bottom offline ad: 4 (for each port) one-time notifications are quite annoying.
A bit more friendly to users that don't read the description.
Updated engine and GCC used to build it.