QII4A (source port of quake 2)
10,000 - 50,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Proger10
The original author of this app is not me (I'm just a publisher, description is written by him). Legal information is available in the end of description.
QII4A is a port of YQuake2 to Android. It is based on GPL source code. Note that THIS APP DOESN'T CONTAIN OR DOWNLOAD ANY OF QUAKE 2 DATA FILES, you need to copy "baseq2" folder from Quake 2 game (patched to the latest version, for example you can buy it on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/2320/ ) to the folder specified in QII4A launcher (create that folder manually, example of correct path to "baseq2" folder: "/sdcard/qii4a/baseq2" with "/sdcard/qii4a" directory in launcher).
- 10-finger multitouch =)
- Move and resize all controls.
- Hide controls and add more, you can configure opacity for any control.
- Analog movement joystick
- Full mouse support! (with root rights only). This is the only port that supports mouse (at the moment).
- Gamepad and keyboard support just as on your PC: you can rebind buttons in-game or in console for advanced tuning.
- Configure resolution and color depth by yourself. You can even set 100x100 resolution: all resolutions are supported (except negative values =)).
- Set MSAA for best graphics.
1) Slow on some old devices.
This app is a Quake 2 source port, GPL source code is included in APK. It is placed in APK\assets\source\. This project doesn't use any code from "Quake 2 Touch" (and other Beloko's and monica john's "ports").
QII4A stands for "Quality Impressive Incredible game engine FOR All.". All included icons/images were painted by me and are protected by copyright.
Quake 2 is a registered trademark of id Software. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. All trademarks are used under the terms of Fair Use: usage is nominative.
If you think that there are copyright issues in QII4A, lay down and cry.
Any attempt to remove this app by DMCA notice without contacting me directly first will be really unfair, FSF and community will be notified immediately.
Tags: quake 2 source port, qii4a mods, qii4a game files, qii4a mouse support?, qii4a.
Added ACCESS_SUPERUSER permission because some authors of Superuser apps think that it is clever to ask root permissions twice (but I think that it is the most stupid idea I've ever heard).
Replaced one-time donate notification with bottom offline ad: 4 (for each port) one-time notifications are quite annoying.
A bit more friendly to users that don't read the description.
Updated engine and GCC used to build it.