10,000 - 50,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
The original author of this app is n0n3m4, contact him for any questions (I'm just a publisher, description is written by him). Legal information is available in the end of description.
RTCW4A is a source port of Return to Castle Wolfenstein game engine to Android (Single-player only!). It is based on GPL source code release with some usage of kwaak3 source code. Note that THIS APP DOESN'T CONTAIN OR DOWNLOAD ANY OF RETURN TO CASTLE WOLFENSTEIN DATA FILES, you need to copy "main" folder from Return to Castle Wolfenstein game (patched to the latest version, for example you can buy it on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/9010/ ) to the folder specified in RTCW4A launcher (create that folder manually, example of correct path to "main" folder: "/sdcard/rtcw4a/Main" with "/sdcard/rtcw4a" directory in launcher).
- 10-finger multitouch =)
- Move and resize all controls.
- Hide controls and add more, you can configure opacity for any control.
- Analog movement joystick
- Full mouse support! (with root rights only). This is the only port that supports mouse (at the moment).
- Gamepad and keyboard support just as on your PC: you can rebind buttons in-game or in console for advanced tuning.
- Configure resolution and color depth by yourself. You can even set 100x100 resolution: all resolutions are supported (except negative values =)).
- Set MSAA for best graphics.
1) Crashes on some Android 4.2 devices for no reason. Probably an Android NDK bug.
2) Works badly (or crashes) on some Mali-400 devices, mostly Rockchip and Telechip ones.
GPL source code is included in APK. It is placed in APK\assets\source\. This project doesn't use any code from "RTCW Touch" (and other Beloko's and monica john's "ports").
RTCW4A stands for "Real-Time Cool War game FOR All". All included icons/images were painted by me and are protected by copyright.
Return to Castle Wolfenstein is a registered trademark of id Software. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. All trademarks are used under the terms of Fair Use.
If you think that there are copyright issues in RTCW4A, email me (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Any attempt to remove this app by DMCA notice without contacting me directly first will be really unfair, FSF and community will be notified immediately.
Tags: rtcw4a data, rtcw4a, put files in /sdcard/rtcw4a, rtcw4a how to save, rtcw4a main direwctory, rtcw copy to sd, rtcw keyboard, how to save rtcw4 device, rtcw4a crashes, return the castle wolfenstein.
Added ACCESS_SUPERUSER permission because some authors of Superuser apps think that it is clever to ask root permissions twice (but I think that it is the most stupid idea I've ever heard).
Replaced one-time donate notification with bottom offline ad: 4 (for each port) one-time notifications are quite annoying.
A bit more friendly to users that don't read the description.
Updated GCC used to build this app.