Sword & Glory
50,000 - 100,000 downloads
- Original mix of reading and fighting
- Original artsy interface
- Overall, no complaints
An advanced game book-like game
If we had to be historically accurate, the roots of Sword and Glory go back to some early Spectrum games which were a sort of game books but involved a few variables as well. Of course, there are many games based on this premise, but the weirdly eerie atmosphere created by artsy noire and white sprites sprinkled with color gives to this game an eye-catching look since the very first time you run it.
Once you play, everything's quite RPG-esque. Choose your clan and beliefs, your perks and throw yourself into the adventure. Adventures are made of a series of microquests more or less randomly chosen from an event pool, while fights are 2D fighting minigames, very simple yet surprisingly more thrilling that other actual 2D fighting games out there.
In a nutshell, a comprehensive game book game. Design may not be of your liking, brawls can become too haphazard even though you understand how the gears turn inside, but in the end it's a n experience worthy to be recommended.
Be a hero or a villain in a game of adventure and sword fighting. Defend the honor of you clan, amass fortunes or seek glory through defeating worthy opponents. Live your life to the fullest, for one day, as all men must, you will heed the raven's call...
- Permadeath - you will die, the only question is what for
- More than 160 Adventures
- Simple but challenging combat system
- Customize your character with 200 perks and 100 items
- Upgrade your home for extra bonuses with 21 Home Upgrades
- Earn one of more than 100 epithets, such as “the Brave”, “the Greedy” or “the Silver King”
- Leaderboards and achievements
Any feedback and suggestions are welcome at firstname.lastname@example.org
"It's a fantastic arrangement, well thought out from almost every angle."
"Go get Sword & Glory immediately"
- Pocket Tactics
"I think you should maybe add color to it."
- An iOS user review
- Add 4 spears and 6 new shields
- Add adventure “Signs of Trouble”
- Add UI for timed perks (eg. Impetuous)
- Add random name button in character creation
- Add epic points from eternal tournament medium and hard difficulty fights
- Change ageing and experience accumulation
- Change hit detection model
- Change equipment and healing costs
- Change AI aggressiveness
- Fix crashes on certain devices
- Fix characters walking off of cliffs
- Minor UI fixes and tweaks
Hey i thought i would share with you this great website where you can Download Android apps and Games Come check it out Discover the latest apps and games
Love the game, but after a short while, graphics glitch appread that prevents me from reading most of the dialogue, and some of the stats (unless I reboot my android, then it works again for a couple of screens). Thus only 4 starts :(
Am using nexus.
Amazing, the repetitiveness gets kind of annoying with each death,
Wow the graphic element of the game is really captivating! Love the missions and the progressing difficulty. I died a saint with 39k glory! Beat that :D before a fight theres a button above, i think it says stats, and just look there (answering to one of the reviews :))))))))))))))
Awesome but needs more color, weapons, more with the gods, the abilitiy to spare someone after you beat them that sort of thing, by the way love the art style but it deserves color
I was having problems with this game crashing on me regularly, but since the last update everything is working fine. I'm very happy with that because this is a great game for so many reasons and I love playing it. Good work devs...