Backgammon NJ for Android
5,000 - 10,000 downloadsAdd this app to your listsTweets por @Appszoom
Play & learn backgammon at skill levels ranging from beginner to world-class! This app is designed for both Android phones & tablets.
Backgammon NJ for Android is a full-featured game which uses an advanced, neural network-based, artificial intelligence. Play against a computer AI, against another person in 2-player mode on one device, or online against friends & others. Using Tutor Mode & Hints, Backgammon NJ for Android can show you how to improve your game!
Discriminating players will appreciate how well the AI plays. It uses a neural network trained on millions of positions, a bearoff database, & a match equity table to achieve strong gameplay that will challenge even expert players.
(Reviews for iOS version)
"[I] know strong bg play when I see it. This app is the strongest iPhone bg app I've played with by far. It does not cheat period. ...Analyzing these matches with eXtreme Gammon confirms a world class level of play with normal luck factors. If you are losing, get over it. So would 99.9% of the other backgammon players in the world. It is just that good. Learn from it." -Richard Munitz, Giant of Backgammon, #21 world ranking in 2009
"Backgammon NJ plays at an extremely high level with an excellent interface, and I often use it to practice on my iPhone when I am traveling. I recommend it highly to my students and friends." -Phil Simborg, Professional Backgammon Teacher and Player, www.mindgamescenter.com
"I've played over 500 games now; I've checked about 5% of these against World Class Desktop programs (GNU, BGBlitz); and I've actually used some of the competition. NJ has the best interface and has more useful functions than any other backgammon apps out there."
"As someone who has played a lot online (FIBS, Gamesgrid, and others) and live, playing this app (on its hardest setting) is like playing a master player or like playing GNU."
IS THIS GAME RIGHT FOR YOU?
This game is best for people:
• Who recognize the strength of neural network backgammon bots
• Who want to improve their game by playing against a world-class level AI
• Who are willing to use in-depth, technical features included in the game to prove that it is honest (http://www.njsoftware.com/note.html)
• Who won't expect to win consistently on the higher skill levels
• Neural network-based AI
• 2 game types: Standard or Nackgammon
• 4 skill levels: Easy, Medium, Hard, Expert
• Mersenne Twister algorithm for random number generation
• Doubling cube
• Single games or match play up to 25 pts
• Crawford rule for match play
• 1-player mode vs. computer
• 2-player mode on one device
• Google Play Game Services: Play real-time online matches with friends & other players
• Chat with your online opponent
• Online Elo leaderboard
• Block list for auto-match
• User-friendly, tap-to-move interface
• Highlighted checker movement options
• Hint & Undo
• Learn with Status Meter & Tutor Mode
• Game & dice stats, including Elo rating & ER
• Match info: GnuBG ID, win chances, equity, top 10 moves, & cube decisions
• Email match files
• Manual match recording mode with unlimited undo & speed mode option
• Options to reverse board direction, resign, use one-tap moves, auto bearoff, auto finish, use Jacoby rule, & much more
• Optimized for resolutions up to 2560 x 1600
• Match analysis (in-app purchase): Analyze past match files, view moves & errors for match, step through match, jump to position, play from position, save match files permanently
If you're having issues:
• Make sure a task killer isn't killing BGNJ processes.
• Exit other apps fully to free memory.
• Run BGNJ from main memory, not from memory card.
• We can't respond to crash reports submitted through Android OS. Contact us directly: http://contact.njsoftware.com
Tags: backgammon 1.6 apk, hardwood backgammon galaxy s2, backgammon samsung galaxy, backgammon nj, backgammon nj v1.6, backgammon, backgammon apk 1.6, backgammon nj apk 1.6, apk backgammon gold tables, samsung galaxy s2 gamebackgammon.
- Online play now only uses Google Play Game Services Saved Games. If you didn't update to a previous 3.X version during the transition period, your online Elo may be reset to 1500.
- Fixed bug where analysis mode errors were not normalized to doubling cube.