1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Player vs CPU / 2 Hot-seat
- Playing Stats
- Graphics could be improved
- Not too much customizable
- Sharing scores online not available
+ By AI Factory Limited
Checkers Free is one of the most complete checkers games from Android.
There basically two game modes: Player Vs CPU or Player Vs Player (hot-seat):
- Player Vs CPU: There are 10 difficulty levels from Beginner to Expert. In the last levels is really difficult to beat the computer. Anyway, there's a hints system that will help you when you're stuck. If you make a mistake, you can undo your last action. The game tracks users stats against each level, what help you to improve your skills. It shows your win rate and your global rating.
- Player Vs Player: Challenger your friends in a hot-seat game and try to beat them.
The game is set in simple and sober graphics. It contributes to a better performance. There's no lag, the game runs fluently. There are some ads, but they're not really intrusive (just on the bottom). Regarding preferences: you can set your chip color, forced captures enabled or disabled and the difficulty level.
Checkers Free has been developed by AI Factory Limited, a developer focused on classic games for mobile phones.
If you like checker you'll love this one. It's simple but has everything that it must have. High recommendable.
Checkers Free from AI Factory has arrived! Strongest Checkers on Android. Sharing the high quality and performance as the rest of our games, Checkers Free brings classy graphics, super smooth gameplay, highly scalable difficulty & much more!
- 10 difficulty levels, from Beginner to Expert
- 2 player hot-seat
- 6 Checkers Piece Sets and 7 Boards!
- User stats against each level
- Undo & Hints
- Designed for both Tablet and Phone
- Supports both non-compulsory captures (popular rules) and compulsory captures (official US/English rules)
Tested against and beats Checkers Pro!
Supported by unobtrusive Ads.
*Note: Requested permissions are a requirement of the in-game ads only. The Paid version has no ads, and therefore no permissions beyond writing to external storage.*
The new version 1.33 adds the following permissions
This allows various bundled options but is used simply to allow the Home key press to be detected and for no other purpose.
This permission is used simply to detect the difference between a program exit and entry into a new sub app.
This is used simply to ensure that exit ads cannot interrupt a phone call.
This is simply to allow local ads to only appear in that local territory.
Checkers (AKA Draughts) is one of the world's most popular board games. The earliest records of this game date back to the Egyptians 3500 years ago. In more recent times this has been most favoured by the USA and Scotland, the two countries to provide the most World champions in this game. In England and Scotland this classic board game is known as English Draughts. This implementation has been designed to provide a strong engine, even if only running on a mobile phone. Unlike many commercial Checkers programs, it correctly plays the common 2K v K, essential for quality checkers/draughts play.
- Updated ads to use new required Google Advertising ID
- Removed some unnecessary permissions
- New "Quick Moves" option added, which allows one touch moves where there is only one legal move for the piece/square selected.
- see main description for details about new permissions
- 3 New piece sets added!
- Festive board added!
- Rare US rule bug fix
- Stability improvement to ad system
- Two new boards!
- Fix to possible stats logging bug
Love playing checkers very fun game just like the real game of checkers
Don't miss this one
I always play on level ten using the forced capture mode, just like tournament players. Every now and then I win a game. Five Stars!
Wish you could have the option to play with two rows or three. But other than that I can't fault the game.
Good game. Not quite the same as playing with my grandpa, but it is fun.
I love the fact that you can pick your levels and gradually move up. So I can get good at one level and then move to the next.