Join our vibrant community of players, ranging from beginners to Grandmasters - all ready for you to watch, play or learn from, 24 hours a day!
Founded in 1995 we're the longest running online chess site in the world!
Get now this app, register your username and get a 1-month free trial!
"Chess at ICC" offers:
* Play: Seek/offer match rated and unrated. You can also view seeks posted by other users. Can sort seek list by username, rating or game time. Options to filter the seek list.
* Chat in the lobby and other propular channels, or chat with Friends
* Friends: add your friends to the app and you can challenge them, chat, observe etc
* Observe top games on ICC and sort by category, showing only rating categories you are interested in observing.
* Events: Participate in a number of official events on ICC. Events include watching top relayed tournaments from around the world, playing in the pristine rating pools, playing TrainingBot and ProblemBot games, and more!
* History: view your played games and send them by email
* Account section to administer your ICC account
* Takeback, draw, abort, resign and rematch options when playing
* Fully functional console, for more control on the playing server
* Timestamp to avoid lag problems
* Confirm move feature to help avoid mouse-slips. Forward and Backward buttons are converted on Confirm/Cancel buttons
Play against the computer
* Selectable ELO Levels to adjust playing strength, from 500 to 2100, on 50 ELO points steps
* Selectable time per move: changing the ELO and the time per move, lots of difficulty levels can be selected
* Opening book with more than 30.000 positions: ensures variated funny games
* Can undo/redo all moves
* Send PGN by email: This way, you can analyze later your games on your PC
* Graphical setup board, also can edit position’s FEN notation
* On closing, saves the current game and it is loaded when the application is restarted
Solve chess problems
* 2900+ chess problems to solve looking for the best moves: problems collected by Uwe Auerswald, from Germany
* Selectable problem difficult (Easy, Medium and Hard Problems)
* Offline PGN viewer to save and replay your favorite games. Allows you to open PGN files from the SD card or from your email
And with the Best interface
* Clean, simple and intuitive interface (many options appear after pressing the “MENU” key)
* Move by dragging and dropping the piece with useful guide lines
* Ability to select your next piece to move on your opponent's move. To complete the move, tap the destination square when it becomes your move. Useful for speed games.
* Also move by tapping the origin and the destiny squares or with the trackball
* Portrait and Landscape mode
* Shows legal moves
* Highlights last move (with a yellow arrow or a coloured squarem, can be configured with a settings option), also move hints (as a green arrow) after a request in the menu
* Many piece sets and board styles
* Shows a dot on the side to move (the point is of the moving side color) and can show board coordinates
* Shows captured pieces advantage for each one of the sides (as an example if black captured 3 pawns and whites 2, it shows an advantage of 1 white pawn for blacks), also has an option to hide captured pieces
* Speak moves, checks and game results
* Different sounds for moves, captures and checks. Toggle sound off and on, to play discreetly.
* Vibrate phone for moves played
* Option to keep the screen on when playing
Tags: icc chess , chess at icc , chess icc , chess at , icc xadrez , best online chess , icc chess application , internet chess club widget , chess icc apk 1.4.3