Agora Go - Weiqi, Igo, Baduk
100 - 500 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Agora Go, Inc
Go is a strategic board game for two players, also known as Igo (Japanese), Wéiqí (Chinese) and Baduk (Korean). Go is rich in strategy despite its simple rules.
Agora Go is designed for 2 players playing on the same device. It also allows to import files using the SGF format, a standard to store Go games and problems. SGF files can be imported the web, emails or the local storage.
All games are automatically saved with thumbnails for easy browsing. Paused games can be resumed later on. Finished games can be played back for review.
Agora Go is optimized to run on as many display sizes and resolutions as possible, with nice graphics on smartphones, MP3 players and tablets as well (up to 10-inch screens so far). A large screen will offer the best experience, especially when playing on 19x19 boards.
* local games for 2 players
* import game collection in SGF files from the web
(compatible with the Android browser, Firefox & Chrome)
* export games in SGF files on the built-in storage
(in the "Agora Go" directory)
* interface for phones, tablets and Google TV
* display games fullscreen
* 9x9, 13x13 and 19x19 board sizes
* handicap games up to 9 stones
* games saved automatically (pause/resume)
* list of saved games with thumbnails
* scoring, with selection of dead stones
* komi (7.5 by default, 0.5 for handicap games)
* detection of Ko situations
* playback games once finished
* navigate through different variations during playback
* play with single / double tap or on-screen button
* play with trackball on compatible devices
* portrait and landscape modes both supported
* display of board coordinates (optional)
* display comments & markups for Go problems (joseki)
* comments can be added/edited during games and reviews
* English and French translations
More features to come. Contact us by email to say which ones you would like to get in priority!
No advertising. No account or login needed.
Tested (up to Android 4.4 KitKat) on:
- Dell Streak, HTC Dream, HTC Desire Z, HTC Nexus One, HTC Sensation, Motorola Atrix, Samsung Galaxy S III, Galaxy S4, Nexus S and Xperia Z
- Asus Transformer & Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Tab & Galaxy Note 10.1, Sony Tablet S, Xperia Tablet Z and Motorola Xoom
Tags: baduk, weiqi, igo honeycomb, jeu de go, igo local, honeycomb igo, agora go, go baduk weiqi, igo xoom, igo for honeycomb.
* support the new immersive fullscreen mode that
completely hides the system/navigation bars
(on devices running Android 4.4 KitKat or later)
* prevent the cursor from continuing to blink after
finishing to edit comments
* improve the navigation in Go problems (joseki)
and the playback of saved games
* now compatible with Google TV and the color keys found on Google TV remotes
pre-loaded with 80 games from the Kisei title