1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Player vs CPU / 2 Hot-seat
- Playing Stats
- Graphics could be improved
- Not too much customizable
- Sharing scores online not available
+ By AI Factory Limited
Checkers Free is one of the most complete checkers games from Android.
There basically two game modes: Player Vs CPU or Player Vs Player (hot-seat):
- Player Vs CPU: There are 10 difficulty levels from Beginner to Expert. In the last levels is really difficult to beat the computer. Anyway, there's a hints system that will help you when you're stuck. If you make a mistake, you can undo your last action. The game tracks users stats against each level, what help you to improve your skills. It shows your win rate and your global rating.
- Player Vs Player: Challenger your friends in a hot-seat game and try to beat them.
The game is set in simple and sober graphics. It contributes to a better performance. There's no lag, the game runs fluently. There are some ads, but they're not really intrusive (just on the bottom). Regarding preferences: you can set your chip color, forced captures enabled or disabled and the difficulty level.
Checkers Free has been developed by AI Factory Limited, a developer focused on classic games for mobile phones.
If you like checker you'll love this one. It's simple but has everything that it must have. High recommendable.
Checkers Free from AI Factory has arrived! Strongest Checkers on Android. Sharing the high quality and performance as the rest of our games, Checkers Free brings classy graphics, super smooth gameplay, highly scalable difficulty & much more!
- 10 difficulty levels, from Beginner to Expert
- 2 player hot-seat
- 6 Checkers Piece Sets and 7 Boards!
- User stats against each level
- Undo & Hints
- Designed for both Tablet and Phone
- Supports both non-compulsory captures (popular rules) and compulsory captures (official US/English rules)
Tested against and beats Checkers Pro!
Supported by unobtrusive Ads.
*Note: Requested permissions are a requirement of the in-game ads only. The Paid version has no ads, and therefore no permissions beyond writing to external storage.*
The new version 1.33 adds the following permissions
This allows various bundled options but is used simply to allow the Home key press to be detected and for no other purpose.
This permission is used simply to detect the difference between a program exit and entry into a new sub app.
This is used simply to ensure that exit ads cannot interrupt a phone call.
This is simply to allow local ads to only appear in that local territory.
Checkers (AKA Draughts) is one of the world's most popular board games. The earliest records of this game date back to the Egyptians 3500 years ago. In more recent times this has been most favoured by the USA and Scotland, the two countries to provide the most World champions in this game. In England and Scotland this classic board game is known as English Draughts. This implementation has been designed to provide a strong engine, even if only running on a mobile phone. Unlike many commercial Checkers programs, it correctly plays the common 2K v K, essential for quality checkers/draughts play.
- Removes some advertising
- Fixes layout issues on some devices
(Significant update coming soon to Checkers with various improvements)
- Stability improvements
- Tweaked improvements to some UI graphics and layouts
- Allows screen to be used upside down in portrait mode (on some devices)
Ads! Only complaint and the reason I prefer to play on my laptop. Other than that nice game.
Thanks for your quick response! More fun with choices!
Bigger arena with much more pieces, could be much more fun.