5,000 - 10,000 downloads
- Player vs CPU / 2 Hot-seat
- Playing Stats
- Graphics could be improved
- Not too much customizable
- Sharing scores online not available
Checkers Free is one of the most complete checkers games from Android.
This is the paid version of Checkers (£1.49). It's add-free.
There basically two game modes: Player Vs CPU or Player Vs Player (hot-seat):
- Player Vs CPU: There are 10 difficulty levels from Beginner to Expert. In the last levels is really difficult to beat the computer. Anyway, there's a hints system that will help you when you're stuck. If you make a mistake, you can undo your last action. The game tracks users stats against each level, what help you to improve your skills. It shows your win rate and your global rating.
- Player Vs Player: Challenger your friends in a hot-seat game and try to beat them.
The game is set in simple and sober graphics. It contributes to a better performance. There's no lag, the game runs fluently. There are some ads, but they're not really intrusive (just on the bottom). Regarding preferences: you can set your chip color, forced captures enabled or disabled and the difficulty level.
Checkers Free has been developed by AI Factory Limited, a developer focused on classic games for mobile phones.
If you like checker you'll love this one. It's simple but has everything that it should have. High recommendable.
Checkers from AI Factory has arrived! Strongest Checkers on Android. Sharing the high quality and performance as the rest of our games, Checkers brings classy graphics, super smooth gameplay, highly scalable difficulty & much more!
Same as our "Checkers Free", but without Ads!
- 10 difficulty levels, from Beginner to Expert
- 2 player hot-seat
- 6 Checkers Piece Sets and 7 Boards!
- User stats against each level
- Undo & Hints
- Designed for both Tablet and Phone
- Supports both non-compulsory captures (popular rules) and compulsory captures (official US/English rules)
Checkers (AKA Draughts) is one of the world's most popular board games. The earliest records of this game date back to the Egyptians 3500 years ago. In more recent times this has been most favoured by the USA and Scotland, the two countries to provide the most World champions in this game. In England and Scotland this classic board game is known as Draughts. This implementation has been designed to provide a strong engine, even if only running on a mobile phone. Unlike many commercial Checkers programs, it correctly plays the common 2K v K, essential for quality checkers play.
- New "Quick Moves" option added, which allows one touch moves where there is only one legal move for the piece/square selected.
- 3 New piece sets added!
- Festive board added!
- Rare US rule bug fix
- Two new boards!
- Added a new board
- Improved layouts for tablets
- Hardware accelerated graphics for Android 3.X and 4.X
- Action Bar support for Android 3.X and 4.X
- Improved layouts for tablets
- Other small tweaks and fixes
..having to press 3 buttons each time I want to play is a bit tiresome, I'm sure the developers could ensure settings are saved without the need for reminding the app each time u play.
Very few flaws. Plays nice. Different every time. Movements are perfect.
AI Factory makes great games. I own several paid versions of their games and I am glad I bought them.
Love this game.
Except that it should really be called Draughts.
Options that would be nice to add: 1. Capturing mandatory. 2. Flying king. 3. Man can capture backward. 4. 8x8 and 10x10 board sizes support. Just have an English strict and in case (1) not official rule does not make your game complete. Five stars wil