100 - 500 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Gerhard Roth
The simplest way to test this app is as follows:
1) Install ChessOcr app and SCIDOntheGo https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.scid.android
2) Download zip file http://www.kgrothapps.com/files/dbsmall-apr-6-13.zip then unzip and put these files in SCID directory.
3) Start SCIDOntheGo app and do file open database dbsmall-apr-6-13, and keep this database open.
4) Long press on the board, go to bottom of menu, and select "Retrieve position".
5) First time set selection of ChessOcr to be the permanent association.
6) Place diagram in middle of video, large as possible and press screen to start.
7) Recognized position is drawn on screen, press which colour is to move.
8) Resulting position is returned to SCIDOntheGO
9) Do "Search, Search current board, Ok" and then pgn for matching games will be retrieved.
You can use "Retrieve position" from the chess app DroidFish by doing long press on the board, going to the bottom of the menu, and then selecting "Retrieve Position".
Tags: chessocr iphone.
Recently changed in this version:
Release 1.3 fixes some bugs, adds the ability in the recognition screen to swap colours, and to directly restart the recognition process. Also tutorial video is updated.
Release 1.2 updates the help information, and includes acknowledgments to Gerhard Kalab (SCID on the go) and Peter Osterlund (DroidFish) for their help and encouragement.
Release 1.1 changes the action bar app subtitle to show the recognition state.