Dream of Pixels
100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- Outstanding gameplay
- Worthy to be Tetris conceptual heir
- No complains. Sure.
+ By Noodlecake Studios Inc
Place the falling blocks where they should be
If there's one game that we wouldn't ever expected to be reinvented in a so majestic way, that would be Tetris. In fact, nearly all re-versions of the original are worse than it, no matter if 3D, 4D, upwards or with scantily dressed señoritas in the background. The original Tetris had a so balanced and accurate gameplay that there are also those who say nowadays that it hasn't been beaten as of today.
Dream of Pixels is the Nirvana of game developing, because beyond gameplay is about a gaming experience, a game able to reinvent the most classic of classics and, at the same time, be able to be taught and learned by anyone, no gaming experience required.
Aside of the many awards (including the app of the day here at AppsZoom 10/27/13) it has won, we like to highlight this is a game that needs no further review and will set a new standard for casual puzzle gaming in the months or even years to come. One doesn't simply write a review without saying a thing about what the game does and gives a 9.1 away. There's a reason, trust me.
Dream of Pixels for Free is a beautiful falling blocks puzzle game.
A brilliant twist on the old classic - unpack tetromino blocks instead of the usual packing. Tap on the mesmerizing grid to unpack tetrominos and watch them spin, rotate and fall. Clear the lines from the beautiful cloudy grid fast enough - or it's dream over.
• ENJOY the beautiful ever-changing visuals!
• UNPACK lines in this brilliant twist on the falling blocks classic!
• PLAY 5 modes: Classic, Puzzle, Pro, Nightmare and Shattered Dream!
• RELAX in Zen Puzzle mode - slow down and think about it!
• LISTEN to the amazing music, matching the visual experience perfectly!
* Classic - the original endless unpacking game
* Puzzle - more than 50 puzzles, no descending grid, no time limits, just thinking
* Pro - Classic, but starting at level 9 - faster with more points per line
* Nightmare - starts with floating blocks, clear them all up as quick as you can to win
* Shattered Dream - Classic with randomly placed holes in the grid
Notable Reviews for Dream of Pixels
Stellar critic reviews:
• 91./10 - AppsZoom
• 4.5 - TouchArcade.com
• 4.5 - Modojo.com
• 4.0 - 148apps.com
• 5.0 - AppAdvice.com
• 5.0 - PadGadget.com
• Game of the Week - TouchArcade forum
• Game of the Week - Modojo.com
• Game of the Week - AppAdvice.com
• Game of the Week - g4tv.com
• App of the Day - GameTrailers.com
• App of the Day - Kotaku.com GAOTD
• App of the Day - eurogamer
"If only I could look up and touch a tetromino-filled sky... Until then, I thankfully have Dream of Pixels."
• 90 - toucharcade.com, John Polson
"Worthy to be Tetris conceptual heir" - Peter Warrior of AppsZoom
• Gaming App of the Day - Kotaku.com, Mike Fahey
"Every aspect of the game has been thought through with care."
• App of the Day - eurogamer.net, Tom Phillips
"... offering an interesting and somewhat relaxing jaunt through the world of tetrominos and stunning visuals."
• Game of the Week - G4's Knuckle Up, Ashley Esqueda, g4tv.com
"The sheer addictiveness is more than enough to warrant a purchase but the wealth of bonus modes (especially Puzzle) make it a no-brainer."
• 4/5 - 148apps.com
"If you’re in the mood for a fantastic falling blocks puzzle game, then I highly recommend you drop everything that you’re doing right now and buy Dream of Pixels. In fact, if you can only get one game this week, make it this one. You won’t regret it."
• Game of the Week - AppAdvice.com, Christine Chan
"... you'll immediately fall in love with what is arguably one of the finest titles not just on mobile, but gaming in general."
• Game of the Week - Modojo.com, Chris Buffa - 90
"Dream of Pixels is fantastically clever, and I would dare to say that it’s an even better gameplay experience than [the classic]."
• 100 - PadGadget.com, Juli Clover
"In short, we love this game."
• App of the Day - GameTrailers.com, Chris Buffa
"A classic puzzle game I bet you've never seen before."
• Editor's Pick - Best10App.com
Become a fan of Dawn of Play on Facebook:
Follow us on Twitter:
The ABSOLUTE MOST addictive game I have on my phone
I probably will buy it soon.
A really good night time game in my opinion :)
Stimulating and chill-worthy. Lovely music, too!
Found this game on my iPhone. And when I changed over to the Sony I found this on Google Play I could not have been more excited.
If you love Tetris and want to try something new try this one out and buy it if you like it.
Game doesnt opening in my nexus 5. Quitting after noodlecake screen