1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Addictive and fun
- You can improve your vocabulary
- Variety of game modes
- It seems to use a lot of battery life
+ By Ben Garrett
Play this game and exercise your mind by improving your vocabulary
The first thing the game will ask you to do is register or login into Papaya Mobile's social network, in case you want to share your results and play with your friends, but you can skip this and start playing straight away.
As for the settings, you can change the graphic detail, the board size, the themes and the dictionary you wish to use (Scrabble, Webster's or both). The different modes are normal, hard, lightning, blocker, relax and untimed.
The instructions are as follows: the game is played on a square board of letter tiles and you can form words with adjoining letters, including diagonal ones. If you want to know more, there's a an extensive list of instructions available in the app itself, but it's really easy to get the hang of.
Ben Garrett is the creator of Dropwords (both the free and paid versions), as well as two other apps available on the market. Be sure to check it out- if you like Scrabble and Boggle and want to expand your vocabulary, this is a really good application.
"Dropwords is a potent mixture of Scrabble, Boggle and Bejeweled! - Editor's Pick from AppEggs.com"
The game includes six game modes: Normal, Hard, Lightning, Blocker, Relax and Untimed. Whether you just want to relax, or are looking for something challenging, there's a game mode that will suit you.
The game offers three dictionaries:
1. Scrabble: contains all the 2-to-8-letter words from the SOWPODS list of Scrabble competition words. This amounts to 114575 words, including both US and UK spellings. Because this is a Scrabble dictionary, proper nouns like "June" or "Rome" are not included. Plurals are included.
2. Webster's: based on the Webster's New International Dictionary, 2nd Edition, this contains 87416 2-to-8-letter words. Includes some proper nouns, but not plurals or Scrabble-specific words (such as my own favourite, "QI"!). I have added certain words that seemed to be missing in error: BOX, HAS, KID, NEAR.
3. Both! The combination of the Scrabble and Webster's dictionaries, comprising 153136 words. This is the dictionary used by default.
You can switch dictionary via the game's Options dialog.
Includes optional access to PapayaMobile's social network, global leaderboards, and achievements!
* Note to Samsung Galaxy S2 owners: there is a known fault with this dual-core phone where sound playback can cause crashes and/or freezes. Please ensure the game's "Mute sound" option is ticked (in the Options dialog, accessible from the highscores screen). *
1. Make the Save Game/Abandon Current Game sequence slicker by allowing the player to just press "Back" to auto-save and drop back to the highscores screen.
2. Get the game to auto-save when it gets backgrounded (by the player switching tasks/taking a call).
3. "Bomb Drop" game mode.
Please feel free to e-mail me with any bug reports, requests, or questions!
Removed banner ads during play, some of which can be distracting; the game now has more screen area to make use of. Ads will now show only after the game is over.
Good idea about moving ads between games.
I love this game, and it keeps closing
Very engaging. Lots of customization options as well, to break any monotony....
Very good except that sometimes, despite using the combo letter, the multiplier disappears. I have even had it where the word was the longest or highest scoring; the word is then shown at the end with the combo letter highlighted - it's not me missing the letter!
Reminds me of bookworm..I love it