100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- Here's the mother of all CCGs
- Outstanding artwork and animations
- In-app purchases paradise
- Doesn't allow to play early editions or against PC players
+ By Wizards of the Coast LLC
The official game of Magic: the Gathering for Android
The most epic loved and hated life-ruiner ever has finally landed on Android, straight from the same company that wolfed TSR down, made you drool in the Dark and quit in Ice Age; and also the same guys who put the word Mulligan in your lips; let alone, what the heck, the same company that introduced card games in your school yard when you should be playing any ball game.
This game follows both the usual Magic rules (there's a throughout tutorial if you want to learn and play for the first time) and some unwritten rules for mobile collectible card games regarding in-app purchasing. It should also be highlighted that this Planewalker's edition is based on current Magic, so some players shan't know what "hex" and other jargon means. Artwork is awesome (we shouldn't consent less) and there are animations here and there to make battles livelier. However, it's hard to read cards at first glance, so you have to double tap to zoom in on them often.
This game supports nine languages and the "2014" in the title makes us wonder if there'll be a yearly edition or what. It can be played for free, but the real stuff is included in the complete in-app purchaseable version and in the premium booster packs. We're sure you didn't expect otherwise.
This app requires 1.2 Gb of free storage in order to be installed. You've been forewarned.
(Magic 2014 runs best on tablet devices. It is not intended for use on other devices.)
Magic: The Gathering is the world’s premier trading card game. Become a Planeswalker and travel the planes of existence unleashing a torrent of spells and creatures.
• 3 decks, each with 5 unlockable cards
• Single-player campaign across the plane of Shandalar
• One Planeswalker duel
• Sealed Play mode; explore a deckbuilding experience
Additional content is also available for purchase. Premium content package will get you:
• 7 additional decks to unlock
• 250+ additional cards unlockable through play
• 4 deadly opponents, including the Planeswalker Chandra Nalaar
• 18 additional Campaign levels across the planes of Ravnica, Alara, Innistrad and Zendikar, plus 11 revenge matches
• 10 puzzling challenges
• Ad Hoc one-on-one Multiplayer play
• Two-Headed Giant and Custom Game modes
• Access to deck key and foil conversion in-app purchases
• Additional downloadable content as it becomes available
Game content available in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Korean, and Brazilian Portuguese.
Magic 2014 - Deck Pack 3
Seeking to expand your mastery and defeat your foes? This Magic 2014 Deck Pack includes the red and white “Warsmith” deck and the “Hunting Season” green deck for Campaign and Multiplayer play.
“Warsmith” Deck Key
“Warsmith” Foil Conversion
“Hunting Season” Deck Key
“Hunting Season” Foil Conversion
How do you get it compatable with the Motorola Droid X? Just says not compatible...
I paid for this game already awhile ago on a different tablet and on my Samsung it's asking me to pay for the full game when I already paid for it..hope someone important sees this
Bought the game as I'm a big magic fan played the tutorial fine but every time I get to the land selection screen of the campaign it crashes
I'd rather play mtgo
Taking to long to get started
Expansion has a bug on kamigara the ninja check everything I beat her the game force closes. ...
About 5 hours of somewhat interesting gameplay not even close to being worth the money