Man in Space Quiz
1,000 - 5,000 downloadsAdd this app to your listsTweets por @Appszoom
- Choose the mode you like: 10 Questions, 25 Questions, 50 Questions or 5 Errors Endless!
- Choose an answer from A, B, C or D!
- Think fast and answer correctly to get higher rankings!
- Get Scandalous Score Booster by answering the question worth more than 2000 points!
- If you choose 5 Errors Endless Mode your game will last until you give 5 incorrect answers!
- You can share your score and achievements with your friends on Facebook!
April 12 was already a huge day in history twenty years before the launch of the first shuttle mission. On that day in 1961, Russian cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin became the first human in space, making a 108-minute orbital flight in his Vostok 1 spacecraft. Newspapers like the Huntsville Times trumpeted Gagarin's accomplishment. Mercury astronaut Alan Shepard became the first American in space less than a month later.
The first cooperative human project between the United States and the Soviet Union took place in 1975. The Apollo-Soyuz Test Project was designed to test the compatibility of rendezvous and docking systems for American and Soviet spacecraft and to open the way for future joint manned flights.
Since 1993, the U.S. and Russia have worked together on a number of other projects. The Shuttle began visiting the Russian Mir space station in 1994, and in 1995 Norm Thagard became the first U.S. astronaut to take up residency on Mir. Seven U.S. astronauts served with their Russian counterparts aboard the orbiting Mir laboratory from 1995 to 1998. The experience gained from the Mir cooperative effort, as well as lessons learned, paved the way for the International Space Station.
In-orbit construction on the Station began in November 1998, and it has been staffed non-stop with international crews since November 2000. The first Station crew, made up of U.S. commander Bill Shepherd and cosmonauts Yuri Gidzenko and Sergei Krikalev, was launched on board a Russian Soyuz spacecraft. The crew returned to Earth in March 2001.
Tags: quiz per bambini di 5 anni sullo spazio, quizz spécial léspace avec réponse.