500,000 - 1,000,000 downloads
- Challenging but easy to learn
- Smooth interface and gameplay
- It needs more of everything
Classical dungeon crawling
Pixel Dungeon is a little jewel among the ocean of Android retro-gaming. This doesn't mean it's the height of originality or whatever, but it's a smooth, well-thought and, in the end, fun game, suited for hardcore RPG players looking for some relaxed gameplay and curious alike. Game is pretty simple to learn, you have only to choose your class (warrior, mage or rogue so far) and roam around a dungeon full of fearsome marsupial rats and other implausible creatures while looking for treasures and, in a Heroquest-like twist, hidden doors. We'd like there was a tutorial, though.
This game is free to play, but it isn't an easy game. In fact, it's quite hard, and you'll have to learn to not face every living monster in your path. By the way, music is charming, and 8bit graphics, lovely.
Please, give this game a go. It may not have a high rating, but hasn't any remarkable flaw either.
Explore the depths of Pixel Dungeon, collect useful items, fight fierce monsters to find Amulet of Yendor (surprise!) - the ultimate artifact of this game world.
Roguelike is a sub-genre of role-playing video games, characterized by random level generation, tile-based graphics and permanent death.
Many people consider this game very difficult and luck-based. Anyway, you will die often. You are warned! :)
PLEASE HELP ME TO MAKE THIS GAME BETTER!
- In case of crash or freeze press "Report" button, it really helps to find the bug
- In case of incorrect behaviour of the game please contact me by email so I could ask you about the details
1.6.3a is a hotfix
- Added: Journal
- Added: Alternative quest for the troll blacksmith
- Added: New glyph - armor of displacement
- Added: New glyph - armor of entanglement
- Added: Non-rectangular rooms
- Added: New fonts
- Added: Additional info in rankings
- Changed: New level layouts
- Changed: Field of view is "round" now
- Changed: Inscribed armors are more common now
- Changed: Arcane styli are rarer now
- Fixed: Several bugs and typos
Found this on IGR and I'm glad I did. I had almost given up on finding a game that better then OK for mobiles. Then I found this and my faith is restored.
A lovely little game that provides a nice escape from reality, be it for periods long or short.
I got this game 2 months ago and I still play at least 5 hours a week. The game is impossibly hard I have only got to the the 3 boss once and he demolished me but that made me want to play more. WARNING THIS GAME IS HIGHLY ADDICTIVE.
Love playing the game..just one request..can you make a case for the potions like you have for the scrolls and seeds
When just starting out it can be extremely frustrating, it took me 60+ games to get past level 5... I recommend checking out a few things on the pixel dungeon wiki to learn the basics. Game force closes when opening after msaa 4x is turned on in Dev set