100 - 500 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
NEW: From version 4.3 RNAV transitions at Ragged Peak airport are included! Version 4.5 features important bug fixes and a simple vertical situation display. For other news see the "New Features" section below.
See the help section in the app for details.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: This app may be incompatible with the app "Launcher Pro". If it should crash after using "Launcher Pro", try starting RadarContact from the normal Android home screen.
This is more a simulation than an arcade game. However, you will find every information required in the help section so you can try being an air traffic controller even without previous aviation knowledge!
User Manual: http://www.maxhirn.at/web/RadarContact_UserManual.pdf
Important Note: This application is optimized for tablets! It should run on any screen size and resolution. On small screens however, usability may be restricted. Please try the free trial version before if in doubt. It is restricted to 15 aircraft per session and one airport.
- Control arrival and departure traffic (39 different airlines) at four fictional airports
- Assign headings, altitudes and speeds
- Clear Direct-To and into holdings
- Use RNAV transitions at selected airports
- Lead aircraft onto the instrument landing system
- Handle occasional missed approaches
- Handle occasional emergencies
- Guide departures to their exit waypoint
- Observe minimum vectoring altitudes
- Deal with significant weather and aircraft avoidance headings
- Close and open your sector to handle heavy traffic
- Start with one airport, then unlock the other ones as your career progresses
- Customize datatags
- Measure success with a score system
- Upload your score (if desired) to compare with other players
- Hear audio readback of aircraft
IMPORTANT NOTE: Custom firmwares may not be compatible with this app!
The following devices have been found incompatible so far due to memory/display issues causing crashes:
- Samsung Galaxy Ace (GT-S5830, GT-S5830i, GT-S5839i)
- Samsung Galaxy Ace Duo (GT-S6802)
- Samsung Galaxy Y (GT-B5510 and B5512, GT-S5360)
- Samsung Galaxy Y Duo (GT-S6102)
- Samsung Galaxy Pocket (GT-S5300, GT-S5300B)
- Samsung Galaxy Mini (GT-S5570, GT-S5570I)
- HTC Wildfire, Glacier and Thunderbolt
- Huawei Ideos, U8350, M835, U8180, Ascend
- Sony Ericsson LT18i
- Coolpads 8... model numbers
- LGE Pecan
- BCM 2157
- Toshiba AT300
Version 4.4: Bug fix: resolved issue when app was crashing after modification of clearance items in the aircraft control menu. Vertical situation display: simple 3D overview of traffic position in space (still in BETA phase!). Arrival and departure rates can now be changed during a session.
Version 4.5: Minor bug fix
Version 4.6: Bug fixes, "What's New" Dialog