1,000 - 5,000 downloads
- Dark/light theme
- Addictive gameplay
- Retro graphics
- No online leaderboards
Slydris is a Tetris-like game that introduces a new gameplay based on touchscreen gestures
Smartphones and tablets and bringing back to life genres and gameplays that have been buried for decades. Why? Basically, due to its touchscreen which introduces new controls and in most cases, much more fun. Slydris is one of those games, featuring a new gameplay based on the classic Tetris.
In Slydris, instead of placing block as they fall down to make lines, players must slide the blocks and let it fall to complete the line. Each move will make new blocks appear upwards even if no lines were cleared. Try to slide blocks in the right way and clear lines in combos to avoid blocks to reach the top of the screen. When that happens, the game is over.
These are the basic of the game, however, there are lots of details to take into account: combos, color match, blocks added automatically from the bottom, unmovable blocks... and many other that you'll discover as you play. No worries, there's a step-by-step tutorial to get the hang of it quickly.
In addition, you can play up to three game modes: Infinite Mode (new blocks drops after every move, clear 25 lines to level up), Zen Mode (similar to Infinite Mode but without socres or achievements, play at you own pace). Survival Mode (time-mode, you have 10 secons to make as many moves as you can before blocks drop down).
The game features simple yet cool graphics, with a retro touch that makes it even more engaging. Screentouch response is excellent, no complaints at that point (that's actually the keystone of this game). Gameplay is such addictive that it will keep you glued to the screen for hours.
"Without doubt the finest puzzle game we've ever played on our mobiles." - Modojo.com (5 out of 5 stars)
"This is a puzzle game that can stand shoulder to shoulder with the very best of the genre" - EuroGamer.net
"Perfect touch controls never let you down. Manages to find a unique twist on line-formation gameplay." - Gamezebo.com (4.5 out of 5)
Slydris is a unique and engaging puzzle game with a simple premise but deceptively deep gameplay:
* Slide and drop blocks to create full lines of blocks.
* Create combos of falling blocks and clearing lines to fill up your bomb meter faster.
* Create a row of a single color for a color burster.
* Other special blocks (Shatter, Upcoming, Locked, and Magnet) add gameplay variety and challenge.
The three modes are Infinite Mode, Zen Mode, and Survival Mode:
* In Infinite Mode, a new set of blocks drops after every move you make, so take as much time as you want. Clear 25 lines to move onto the next level.
* Zen Mode functions similarly to Infinite Mode, but the difficulty is more dynamic, there are no achievements or scores to worry about, and your game will never end (in Infinite Mode, the game ends if the stack reaches the top row).
* In Survival Mode, you have 10 seconds to make as many moves as you can to clear the lines of blocks, then a barrage of blocks will drop, and the cycle begins again. Quick thinking and nimble fingers are required to do well.
Slydris is a highly polished and customizable puzzle game for all ages. Select from 3 music tracks and dark or light backgrounds.
Like all Radiangames' titles, Slydris works great on tablets too!
Higher levels limit the number of starting blocks (so the game doesn't crash)
Back button now exits from the Tutorial
Restart now lets you restart beyond level 6
New splash screen that doesn't look pixelated on older phones
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
Tetris-like, addicting, and fun.
Awesome new addiction.
OMG I am so hooked on this game. Challenging And hypnotic. Very well thought out.
Many try to re-invent the Tetris formula and fail... Radiangames (naturally, of course) pull it off brilliantly with this colourful and wonderful twist on the classic game. Unmissable - 5* (^-^)
Fantastic "drop" game, very fun. Requires some school but @ same time very easy 2 get the hang of it. All games by this DEV R worth a gander.
It's insanely addictive and it runs perfectly smoothly on my lowly galaxy s1.
What he said.