100 - 500 downloads
- Tactical gamers love it
- Highly detailed
- Rather inaccessible for newbies
+ By Penultimate Apps
Advanced, highly-detailed multiplayer turn-based strategy in space
I apologize in advance for my review of Stellar Forces. It's a hyper-detailed tactical game, full of units and strategies and, um, tactics, and it's definitely in space, and there are pixels, and... oh, who am I kidding, it's just not my kind of game at all.
Let me give you the facts: it's an online multiplayer turn-based strategy game, wherein the goal is to defeat your opponents in any of 90 total missions, each with their own challenging layout. Either join a game that's already started or begin your own and await competition. Equip your team using the points at your disposal (one assumes you'll have more as you gain experience). Then, take turns moving, attacking, and defending til someone falls.
Here's a few namedrops: if you enjoyed Laser Squad Nemesis, XCom, or Space Hulk, then you're gonna love this one too. It's totally free; no hidden IAPs or anything like that.
I suppose what I'd ask for is a little more accessibility for those unfamiliar with the genre, but I have a feeling that very obfuscation is what makes it so appealing to a certain audience. Users tend to love it. If you love tactical games, listen to them, not me.
WIDE VARIETY OF MISSIONS
There are over 90 different kinds of mission. These start with basic assasination where you must kill an important VIP that is being protected, and sabotage where you must destroy installations. Once you become advanced, you can take on the more advanced missions such as egg collector, where you must collect more alien eggs than your opponents, but watch out for the aliens that are protecting them. There are missions for 2, 3 or 4 players. Some missions involve Escorting a VIP across a sniper infested town, or being the first to collect the flag which in some missions may be located in the centre of an alien prison. Or maybe you want to control a gang of criminals intent on making an escape from the maximum security prison?
See all the mission here: http://www.stellarforces.com/dsr/missiondescriptions.cls
DIFFERENT KINDS OF UNITS
Not only can you play a squad of humans, there are also mission where you can play vicious aliens that can tear a human apart and explode with acid blood, or blobs which can split into smaller blobs or join together to make a giant super-blob. There are also missions with zombies, which don't stay dead for long, or clones, which just keep on coming. Can you survive to the end?
WIDE VARIETY OF EQUIPMENT
As well as the guns, there is also a wide variety of other equipment that you can equip your units with. These include grenades from small to big, smoke grenades to prevent you being seen, nerve gas to smoke out the enemy, medi-kits and close-combat weapons, and also protective armour.
See all the weapons and equipment here: http://www.stellarforces.com/dsr/equipmentdetails.cls
This game has lots of advanced features for the experienced player to make the game even more exciting. Units can give away their locations if they make a noise. Smoke or nerve gas can spread and effect a unit's line-of-sight. Fully destructive scenery and walls. If the enemy is expecting you to go through the main entrance, why not blow a hole in the wall?
LEAGUE TABLE & TROPHIES
Stellar Forces has a league table showing the best players. Can you get to the top? After a game has finished, you can watch a complete playback to see exactly how close you were to winning or losing. You can also win trophies for winning sets of missions or winning a certain number of games (and also for losing too many!).
* Play against 2, 3 or 4 players.
* Turn-based, and receive an email when it is your turn.
* Play as many concurrent games as you want.
* Take your turns in your own time.
* Watch a full playback of all your missions afterwards.
* In-Game chat, messaging and forums
* Absolutely NO in-app purchases or adverts
If you have any problems, queries or suggestions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I promise to reply to all emails.
Stellar Forces Videos
Ready for new Cyber Hordes mission.
- - Know what access (wifi, 3G…) you have at every moment.
- - Send and receive internet info.
- - android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE
- - Use the vibrator.
- - Write whatever to your SD card.
Displaying 3 of 0 - show all
- UpdatedNew version 1.120 released on 03/09/15.
- UpdatedNew version 1.117 released on 12/11/14.
- ChangesName changed from Multiplayer Stellar Forces to Stellar Forces on 12/11/14.
- New pricePrice increased from £1.99 to £2.99 on 12/11/14.
- UpdatedNew version 1.116 released on 09/12/14.
- UpdatedNew version 1.115 released on 08/15/14.
- ChangesName changed from Stellar Forces to Multiplayer Stellar Forces on 08/02/14.
- UpdatedNew version 1.114 released on 07/30/14.
- New pricePrice dropped from £2.99 to £1.99 on 07/30/14.
- UpdatedNew version 1.113 released on 06/24/14.
- UpdatedNew version 1.112 released on 04/29/14.
- UpdatedNew version 1.111 released on 04/08/14.
- UpdatedNew version 1.110 released on 04/04/14.
- UpdatedNew version 1.109 released on 03/25/14.
- UpdatedNew version 1.108 released on 03/25/14.
- UpdatedNew version 1.107 released on 03/24/14.
- UpdatedNew version 1.105 released on 03/10/14.
- New pricePrice dropped from £3.99 to £2.99 on 03/06/14.
- UpdatedNew version 1.103 released on 02/24/14.
- UpdatedNew version 1.102 released on 02/19/14.
- UpdatedNew version 1.101 released on 02/05/14.
- UpdatedNew version 1.99 released on 01/09/14.
- UpdatedNew version 1.98 released on 01/06/14.
- UpdatedNew version 1.97 released on 12/20/13.
- UpdatedNew version 1.95 released on 12/18/13.
- UpdatedNew version 1.94 released on 12/10/13.
- UpdatedNew version 1.93 released on 12/09/13.
- ChangesName changed from Stellar Forces (Full) to Stellar Forces on 12/09/13.
- New pricePrice increased from £1.49 to £3.99 on 12/09/13.
- New pricePrice dropped from £1.99 to £1.49 on 11/08/13.
- UpdatedNew version 1.92 released on 11/08/13.
- UpdatedNew version 1.90 released on 10/19/13.
- UpdatedNew version 1.87 released on 10/11/13.
- UpdatedNew version 1.85 released on 10/03/13.
- UpdatedNew version 1.84 released on 09/29/13.
- UpdatedNew version 1.82 released on 09/24/13.
- UpdatedNew version 1.81 released on 09/17/13.
- UpdatedNew version 1.80 released on 09/14/13.
- UpdatedNew version 1.79 released on 09/11/13.
- UpdatedNew version 1.78 released on 08/30/13.
- UpdatedNew version 1.77 released on 08/18/13.
- UpdatedNew version 1.76 released on 08/07/13.
- UpdatedNew version 1.74 released on 07/24/13.
- UpdatedNew version 1.73 released on 07/13/13.
- New pricePrice dropped from £2.49 to £1.99 on 07/13/13.
- UpdatedNew version 1.70 released on 06/30/13.
- New pricePrice increased from £1.90 to £2.49 on 06/30/13.
- UpdatedNew version 1.69 released on 06/22/13.
- UpdatedNew version 1.67 released on 06/14/13.
- UpdatedNew version 1.65 released on 05/30/13.
Displaying 4 of 50 - show all
You won't regret it
Laser Squad fanatics out there. This is the best. Love it!
Fantastic multiplayer tactical turn based game! If you lived in the 80s & 90s and remember gems like Laser Squad or Sabre Team, play this!
Re live the laser squad days! Be cool if you could see more damage and bullet holes and better if shooting was less accurate so more close combat reloading etc but cool game
Like chess but with guns. Regular updates and expansions ensure its always fresh. Very friendly community of players.
I'm hooked! An awesome competitive xcom style game with asynchronous turns.
Great great fun!. try it if you like old game like Laser squard, and UFO enemy unknow.