10,000 - 50,000 downloads
- Bold reinterpretation of an overused genre
- Adequate graphics and design.
- It could have been bolder (multiplayer, power-ups, level editor...)
A revamped reinterpretation of the classical minesweeper game
Zombie Minesweeper brings what the minesweeper mini-sub-genre needed: zombies.
Fortunately, all that glitters aren't zombies, and you can also enjoy the isometric graphics set on lovely and changing scenarios, far better than that boring grey grid we bore for too many years. In addition, a campaign mode (a campaign mode! didn't anyone think of it before?) lets you play the stages in increasing difficulty, and there are different kinds of zombies (aka 'mines') to beat.
I won't bother explaining how to play minesweeper for your own good (if you haven't ever played, enjoy your life and act as if you haven't ever read such word), but I'd like to highlight that it's a genre I didn't ever expect to see overhauled, much less in a so satisfying way.
Although a thousand things could have been added to utterly reinvent the genre and hatch a new minesweeper offspring, we can only recommend this game. Oh, it isn't the best game in the world, but you won't regret to have it installed.Developer's original description available here
Zombie Minesweeper is a frantic adventure game filled with satisfying puzzles and juicy Zombie explosions. Our snarky heroine is caught up in a Zombie apocalypse and must escape her suburban neighbourhood and cross the countryside to safely meet her boyfriend. By using markings on the ground, you must help her flag explosive mines and outrun hordes of brain-hungry Zombie wildlife. Fortunately, you have an assortment of weapons and tools to deal with the pesky Zombies in this mind-blowing soon-to-be-classic!
* Optimized for Phone & Tablets!
* Over 30 Zombie EXPLODING levels!
* Exciting environments such as a Zombie farm, a spooky forest, and the pet cemetery!
* 14 hungry Zombie animals to destroy
* Fight against birds that are angry!
* Fun puzzles based on classic minesweeper!
* Gamezebo: 4.5/5 "Zombie Minesweeper is one of those games that sounds like it might be stupid but winds up being stupidly fun. It's adorable and strange and just violent enough to be goofily awesome."
* iFanzine: (4.5/5) "The threat of moving enemies really ups the ante on ye olde Minesweeperformula; stir in a macabre sense of humor and you’ve got a product that’s ripe for a cult following among casual and [seasoned] gamers alike."
* Touch Arcade: "There's something special in the combination of zombies and minefields. This top-down action puzzler puts the two together to explosive effect."
* BunchOfGamers: (4/5) "A really captivating process of shooting and blowing up zombies, while trying to advance through the level without blowing up yourself."
*JayIsGames: "One of the best efforts to combine logic puzzles and shotguns we've ever seen!"
1.6.11: Support more screen sizes, so you can click on all levels on the map now.
1.6.10: Another new version to help with crashes and compatibility and minor fixes!
Should now work on all Nexus 10, Galaxy Note II, Galaxy S III, and more!
One of my go-to games for a quick challenge. Well executed.
Love this game! I've played all the levels multiple times. The last level promises the story is "to be continued". When will it continue? I want more!
Many funs were had by all.
Loving this game but when is the next part of the story coming?
If your interest is minesweeper, then forget this game. Here, the focus is more on blowing up zombies. The part of reasoning about spotting mines if too easy. What I find annoying is that you don't have a choice of just playing the puzzle part. Zombies will come to hunt you and you spent most of the time running around the board to find a way to blow them up. I wish there was a free trial version,
Just wish I could put it on easy...