Eights also known as Crazy Eights, or Swedish Rummy uses a standard 52 card pack. For two players, the dealer deals seven cards to each one at a time. The remaining cards are placed face down on the table as stock, and the top card of the stock is turned face up and placed beside the stock to start the discard pile.
Player to the dealer's left plays first. On a player turn to play, the play is as follow:-
1. If the top card of the discard pile is not an eight, you may play any card which matches the rank or suit of the top face up card in the discard pile.
2. An eight may be played on any card, and the player of the eight must nominate a suit.
3. If an eight is on top of the pile, you must play either another eight or any card of the suit the eight card nominated.
4. A player who cannot match the top card on the discard pile by suit or rank must draw cards until he can play one. It is allowed to pull cards from the draw pile even if you already have a legal play.
The first player who gets rid of all their cards wins, and the other players score penalty points according to the cards they have left in their hands - 50 for an eight, 10 for a picture, and other cards as their face value. Ace is counted as one.
When the stock pile is exhausted, the played cards, except for the last card, are shuffled and stacked face down to make a new stock.
To play the game :-
1) On the Welcome page, change the match limit score by input a new number. And then click either Play or See Opp's Play menu option.
2) On the play page, you are assigned as the dealer in the first game and the opponent plays first.
3) If the first face up card in the discard pile in an 8, you nominate a suit for it by clicking one of the Nominate Suit menu options.
4) When it's your turn to play, find a card which has either a suit or a rank matching the face up card in the discard pile, and then input it position number ( 1 for card 1, ..) and click menu option Drop. If there is no matching card, you have to take a card from the stock by clicking menu option Take Card. You can click Take Card even if you have a matching card. The system limits the maximum cards on hand at 27 cards.
5) If you have no matching card but have an 8 card, you can drop it as a matching card and the click a Nominate Suit menu option to nominate a suit for it.
6) When a player has no card on hand after discarding a card, he/she win a score equal to the total point of all cards on hand of the opponent. The game then ends. Click menu option Next to play next hand.
Tags: eights game , eights