An Alien with a Magnet
100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- Outstanding cartoony graphics
- Re-invention of a classic genre
- 2 games modes
- Not too difficult to beat
An Alien With a Magnet is a hilarious indie platformer with a distinct touch
Put in a cocktail shaker a stream of classic platformer, add some gravitational physics, a pinch of humor and a great deal of indie cartoony graphics. Shake it at Max Romeo's rhythm and you'll get "An Alien With a Magnet".
Rejected Games has done a great job to innovate on one of the most hackneyed genres: platformers.
Our little alien must go from one planet to another (platforms), collecting stars and gems before leaving the sector through the green nebula. The more stars and gem, the higher the score you can submit on Google Play Games leaderboards.
Players must make the most of planets (platforms) gravitational field to grab the items and jump to another platforms. There you have the physics touch.
In addition, "An Alien With A Magnet" features a mobile native control system: tap and hold to make the alien gravitate around the planet and release to leave the field towards the next point. If you don't tap and hold just when reaching the field, you'll crash against the planet.
There are two game modes: Adventure (level-up campaign mode) and Time Attack (beat the level in a given time).
A highly recommended game.
★★★★★ REVIEWS ★★★★★ // What does the Press have to say about An Alien with a Magnet?
★ "An Alien with a Magnet is one of those titles that revolve around an almost perfect idea - its apparent simplicity belies a staggering degree of depth and challenge." - 9/10 GOLD AWARD - Damien McFerran, PocketGamer.co.uk
★ “An Alien with a Magnet is one of the most charming games I've played lately, and it is cute, to boot. They have taken the platformer style of past games and layered on colorful graphics and a unique take on the genre.” - 4/5 - James Paterson, TouchArcade.com
★ “An Alien with a Magnet looks like one part Cut the Rope, one part Edmund McMillen’s Aether, and even one part space pinball.” - Joe Jasko, GameZebo.com
★ "It’s a wonderfully vibrant twist on the platformer..." "Simply put, An Alien With A Magnet is great fun. 4/5" - Jennifer Allen, 148Apps.com
★ "An Alien With a Magnet is a completely satisfying and complex journey that’s crafted by developers who actually care about their product. Truly this is a game that is hard to put down." - Greg Srisavasdi, ArcadeSushi.com
★★★★★ DESCRIPTION ★★★★★
Take control of our Alien and his spaceship and get him back to his home planet using just a magnet. Get ready to explore multiple galaxies using this magnet to orbit around colourful and unique planets to get to your goal. But beware of dark holes, challenging puzzles, multiple locks and asteroids blocking your path in space!
Besides the adventure mode, you can also play an extra bonus mode which will keep you busy for even more hours of fun gameplay! Beat your friends in the online leaderboards with Time Attack and prove to them once and for all you are faster than they are!
★★★★★ FEATURES ★★★★★
● The single touch gameplay will get you started instantly! It’s easy to control but hard to master! Don’t let the cute looks of our Alien fool you!
● The first exciting new genre, known as an action/arcade/puzzle/adventure/rotating-platformer! (a.k.a. AAPARP)
● Help our alien to get back to his home planet using the only tool he got working on his spaceship: a magnet.
● 45+ amazing handcrafted levels filled with an adventure you won’t forget.
● Fast, Faster, Fastest! Prove your speed in Time Attack! Play the Adventure mode with another mindset!
● Beautiful high resolution visuals and professional looking artwork throughout the game.
● Fully packed with leaderboard rankings and over 20+ achievements!
● Music composed by Waterflame. Known for his work for the critically acclaimed indie title Castle Crashers
★★★★★ SOCIAL MEDIA // FACEBOOK & TWITTER ★★★★★
Like An Alien with a Magnet? Come say hello on our following fanpages!
Official website: http://www.an-alien-with-a-magnet.com
Changes for v1.2 & 1.2.1:
- New Icon (looks better next to your other Android apps!)
- Added Google+ sign in button so you can sign-in and earn Achievements and get in the leaderboards!
- Updated Google Play Games icon with the well-known icon.
- Fixed a bug where the game wasn't paused when leaving a level in Time Attack mode
- Added mdpi icon
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
The first game ever that I actually finish before getting bored with the game. When will u guys create a sequel for this title? Can't wait!
I really like this game... It's fun, easy, blah blah blah... Well today when I opened it up it went to the first screen and then started to open the main menu screen and it just goes black.... Please please please fix!
I very very love this game !!!!!
Original,wonderful art and just the right difficulty.You have my support.
Best game for android! I would like to se update with more levels. Maybe even user created levels if possible!