Pen the Pig
1,000 - 5,000 downloadsAdd this app to your listsTweets por @Appszoom
When I was a little kid, I loved playing "Pen the Pig" with my sister. We'd spend a lot of time setting up a grid of dots before playing, and counting up the score afterwards. Now you can skip the tedious part, and focus on playing the game.
If you're not familiar with the game, it's simple.
1) You start with a grid of dots.
2) The first player connects one dot to an adjacent dot using a swipe of the finger between the two dots. The two dots must be next to each other. Connecting horizontally or vertically is allowed; diagonal swipes are not allowed.
3) Now it's the 2nd player's turn; player 2 connects a different pair of dots.
4) Each player takes a turn, trying to create a square.
5) When you swipe the screen, and a square is finally created, you'll hear the grunting sound of a pig. And you'll see that a pig has been penned inside your square. You'll get a single point for capturing this pig. In addition, you are rewarded by getting an extra turn. Keep swiping until it's the next player's turn.
6) If you're confused about whose turn it is to swipe, keep an eye on the scoreboard up top. If it's your turn to swipe, your score will be highlighted with your player color.
7) Keep playing until the entire grid is filled with penned pigs!
This game is sometimes called "Dots and Boxes." Get more details at the wiki page:
The usual way to play this game is to have the two players compete and try to get as many pigs penned as possible. But you can play in a more friendly way, cooperating to build different patterns on your grid. The game can also be played with just one player to build patterns, as well.
You can adjust the color of your pig using the Game Settings area. Colors are pink, green, blue, yellow, orange, and purple. You can also set the grid size in this area. Three grid sizes are available.
Tags: pen the pig grid, dots and boxes whith pigs, dots and boxes game eith pigs.