Totally Random Hero LITE
10,000 - 50,000 downloads
- You don't have to bother to name your character
- Fast paced and agile gameplay
- It's unfair and spiteful
- Really, graphics don't need to be that poor
+ By HTK
A text-based adventure about awesomeness and randomness
Totally Random Hero (TRH) is somehow a mix of Choice your Own Adventure (CYOA) with role playing (RPG) elements, stuffed with metahumor and contracliches all the time. In case you need to know, it's about an adventurer who wanders the realm looking for adventure till he or she gets attacked in some unfortunate random encounter and rushes to a village to rent a room for a night because camping is too dangerous because other random monsters with pitiful names could harm you.
In his trip s/he might find treasure and items, some of them as worthless as the Gloves of Worthlessness, which adds 1 to worthlessness. Stats, called 'nesses, allow you to hit better, dodge better, interact better with non-player characters (NPCs) or cast magic spells.
Graphics aren't retro, but rather retro-er, brought back from some sort of EGA era. There aren't animations or anything at all other than plain text in a not-so-readable font and some numbers, usually meaning someone is getting hurt.
It's an awesome game. Frustating, unfair, and technically improvable in all areas. But awesome. Recommended for any RPG player boasting that name.
This is a classically stylized adventure RPG. A combination of light text and biterized graphics keeps gameplay fun and interesting. This is the perfect pick-up and play game. Play for a few minutes or several hours, there will always be something to engage in.
LITE Version Features:
- 100+ Weapons and Items!
- Fight with Swords, Daggers, Axes, Bows, Great Swords or War Hammers
- Outfit your Hero with Armor and Helms and optimize them further with Enchanted Gloves and Boots.
- 15 Monster Types to defeat
- 6 Character Stats to Upgrade for complete character Customization
- Complete Quests to earn Experience or Gold
- Explore Swamps, Jungles, Mountains, and more in search of Cities and Dungeons
- Level Cap: 7
- Challenge yourself to achieve the Highest Score Possible!
- You will NEVER play the same game twice!
Full Version Features:
- 1800+ Weapons and Items!
- 40+ Monster Types to defeat
- Complete Quests to earn Experience, Gold or Hero Points
- Level Cap: 50 (Coming Soon, No Level Cap!)
- Death isn't the End! Keep on playing but sacrifice your score!
If you have any problems with the game, want to send me some feedback, or suggestions then you can email me at email@example.com
Keywords: RPG, 8 Bit, Adventure, Text-Based, Random, Generated, Funny, Silly, Choose, Graphical, Old School, Medieval, Turn-Based, In-depth, Classic, Commodore
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Peter Warrior.
Love that it works with Talkback too, well worth a dollar for the full version!
Simple, straightforward and fun to play
Very good, note do not get this app if you don't want to get addicted:D
I love this game a lot. It's very addicting. The only problem with it is the save button and the back button for the villages often disappear. Then I have to restart all over. Please fix this and I will definitely rate it five stars.
Funny as hell
This is a fun, simple little hack'n'slash suffering from some bugs and annoying design choices. I've also encountered the weapon, awesomeness and save bugs others have mentioned, and find it odd that the player doesn't have access to inventory and character stats any time they want. Furthermore, the user interface is clearly aimed towards phones with fairly low resolution and small screens, as pla
It keeps deleting the character, no matter how many times you tried to save it, it will eventually delete it. It's like the guy barely put any work into this program.