Totally Random Hero RPG
1,000 - 5,000 downloads
- You don't have to bother to name your character
- Fast paced and agile gameplay
- It's unfair and spiteful
- Really, graphics don't need to be that poor
+ By HTK
A text-based adventure about awesomeness and randomness
Totally Random Hero (TRH) is somehow a mix of Choice your Own Adventure (CYOA) with role playing (RPG) elements, stuffed with metahumor and contracliches all the time. In case you need to know, it's about an adventurer who wanders the realm looking for adventure till he or she gets attacked in some unfortunate random encounter and rushes to a village where rent a room for a night because camping is too dangerous because other random monsters with pitiful names could harm you.
In his trip he might find treasure and items, some of them as worthless as the Gloves of Worthlessness, which adds 1 to worthlessness. Stats, called 'nesses, allow you to hit better, dodge better, interact better with non-player characters (NPCs) or cast magic spells.
Graphics aren't retro, are retro-er, brought back from some sort of EGA era. There aren't animations or anything at all other than plain text in a not-so-readable font and some numbers usually meaning someone is getting hurt.
It's an awesome game. Frustating, unfair and technically improvable in all areas. But awesome. Recommended for any RPG player that boasts of that name.
This is a classically stylized adventure RPG. A combination of light text and biterized graphics keeps gameplay fun and interesting. This is the perfect pick-up and play game. Play for a few minutes or several hours, there will always be something to engage in.
- 1800+ Weapons and Items!
- Fight with Swords, Daggers, Axes, Bows, Great Swords or War Hammers
- Outfit your Hero with Armor and Helms and optimize them further with Enchanted Gloves and Boots.
- 40+ Monster Types to defeat
- 6 Character Stats to Upgrade for complete character Customization
- Complete Quests to earn Experience, Gold, or Hero Points
- Explore Swamps, Jungles, Mountains, and more in search of Cities and Dungeons
- Level Cap: 50 (Coming Soon, NO LEVEL CAP!)
- Challenge yourself to achieve the Highest Score Possible!
- Death isn't the End! Keep on playing but sacrifice your score!
- You will NEVER play the same game twice!
I am currently working on implementing app2sd. Once I have added Application Licensing to the app, I will be able to remove the copy protection so app2sd will work.
If you have any problems with the game, want to send me some feedback, or suggestions then you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: RPG, 8 Bit, Adventure, Text-Based, Random, Generated, Funny, Silly, Choose, Graphical, Old School, Medieval, Turn-Based, In-depth, Classic, Commodore
-Inns were improperly calculating bonus hit points from items. Fixed it
-Monsters now have a greater chance to hit you on surprise attacks but only do minimal damage
-Added more quest content
-Added 10 New Monsters: Amazons, Centaurs, Demons, Golems, Lizards, Manticores, Ogres, Rhinos, Sandmen, and Wyverns!
-Adjusted Meal Prices
-Dungeons were handing out way too much gold... problem solved
Great RPG, able to play for hours.
It's glitchy, roll with it. I love this game and play it daily. Hints: ALWAYS have a robust & sangious accessory or two. Damage is the weapons strength.
Seems dev. abandoned the game. No updates in forever.
Quest is glitched though...i completed a quest but cant turn in. Says i need - 27 bandits to kill
I just wish it was a little more deep.
Played the demo to pieces and just wanted to say thanks for such a great game.
Great little game with terrible grammar.