Agora Go - Weiqi, Igo, Baduk
500 - 1,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Agora Go, Inc
Go is a strategic board game for two players, also known as Igo (Japanese), Wéiqí (Chinese) and Baduk (Korean). Go is rich in strategy despite its simple rules.
Agora Go is designed for 2 players playing on the same device. It also allows to import files using the SGF format, a standard to store Go games and problems. SGF files can be imported the web, emails or the local storage.
All games are automatically saved with thumbnails for easy browsing. Paused games can be resumed later on. Finished games can be played back for review.
Agora Go is optimized to run on as many display sizes and resolutions as possible, with nice graphics on Android smartphones, MP3 players, tablets (up to 13-inch screens so far), as well as Android laptops and TVs. A large screen will offer the best experience, especially when playing on 19x19 boards.
* local games for 2 players
* SGF viewer, perfect for Go problems and game review
* interface for Android phones, tablets and laptops
* open .sgf and .SGF files directly from many file managers
* import games in SGF files from the web
(compatible with the native browser, Firefox & Chrome)
Additional features offered in the paid version:
* ~80 games preloaded from the famous Kisei Japanese title
(including all games from 2000 until 2013)
* support multiple games per SGF file to easily import
collection of Go games / Go problems at once
* compatibility with Google TV / Android TV
* option to display games fullscreen
* 9x9, 13x13 and 19x19 board sizes
* handicap games up to 9 stones
* games saved automatically (pause/resume)
* list of saved games with thumbnails
* scoring, with selection of dead stones
* komi (7.5 by default, 0.5 for handicap games)
* detection of Ko situations
* playback games once finished
* navigate through different variations during playback
* play with single / double tap or on-screen button
* play with trackball on compatible devices
* portrait and landscape modes both supported
* option to display board coordinates
* display comments & markups for Go problems (tsumego)
* comments can be added/edited during games and reviews
* export games in SGF files on the built-in storage
(in the "Agora Go" directory)
* English and French translations
More features to come. Contact us by email to say which ones you would like to get in priority!
No advertising. No account or login needed.
Tested (up to Android 4.4 KitKat) on:
- Dell Streak, HTC Dream, Desire Z, Nexus One, HTC One, Motorola Atrix, Samsung Galaxy S III, S4 & S5, Nexus S, Nexus 5, Xperia Z & Z1
- Asus Transformer, Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Galaxy Note 10.1, Sony Tablet S, Xperia Tablet Z, Z1 & Motorola Xoom
Tags: baduk, weiqi, igo honeycomb, jeu de go, igo local, honeycomb igo, agora go, go baduk weiqi, igo xoom, igo for honeycomb.
* much improved compatibility when opening .sgf or .SGF
files directly from many file manager applications!!
(tested with Astro and ES in particular)
* support the new immersive fullscreen mode that
completely hides the system/navigation bars
(on devices running Android 4.4 KitKat or later)
* improve the navigation in Go problems (tsumego)
* now compatible with Google TV
* pre-load ~80 games from the famous Kisei Japanese title