50,000 - 100,000 downloads
- Hits the sweet spot between art and app
- Darkly elegant aesthetics will please your inner goth
- Clever puzzles making use of unique morphing mechanics
+ By Chillingo
Puzzling, artistic, dark, and elegant: morph the ground to roll the creature to safety
Contre Jour is a series of clever, beautiful puzzles for your inner goth child. It's darkly delightful to exploring how you can manipulate the world to help oddball Petit to the light endpoint of each level.
You have no control over the movements of Petit - neither does he - but instead can morph the ground itself. Create hills and valleys to use the pull of gravity to help you out. Hook Petit with hanging tentacles that propel him into the air, and use geysers and pulleys to creatively move him about the silhouetted world.
The 5 chapters - including 100 levels in all - are accompanied by a calming, slightly eerie piano soundtrack specially composed for the game. It hits the very sweet spot between art and app, and the game mechanic is wholly original. Highly worthwhile.
Use your finger to morph the landscape, propelling the mysterious creature Petit to safety. Pull, swipe, and tap gadgets such as tendrils, air geysers, and pulleys to complete clever puzzles. Set to a poignant orchestrated soundtrack from composer David Ari Leon, Contre Jour both delights and bedevils from start to finish.
**Runs beautifully on tablets**
Contre Jour Highlights
• 5 chapters featuring 100 unique levels, as well as 300 collectable lights, will have you playing for hours and hours.
• Use extremely intuitive controls to change the environment around you.
• 12 different interactive elements to master; portals, slingshots, tentacles, blowers and more.
• Stunning visual style places Contre Jour in a league of it’s own – simply one of the most beautiful games of the year.
• Rich, organic and original soundtrack by David Ari Leon perfectly matches Petit’s journey. Get some headphones and lose yourself in the world of Contre Jour.
• Unlock a variety of achievements as you play, can you find them all?
* Various bug fixes and improvements
I played the game before with the chrome extension and loved it but the app is unplayable on my s4. Fix it or give my money back.
So I bought this for my Samsung Galaxy S2, and I just got a S5, which it now says it's incompatible with... What a waste..
Game closes after opening screen.
I played through it on iPod and a little on my nexus 7 but it will not get past the please put on headphones screen on my nexus 4
When I first bought the game it was working fine. Now all it does is crash... is there any way to get a refund? It was a fum game while it lasted tho.
I love the music and the gameplay but it constantly crashes on me when I play. Fix please.
Fun game, really enjoy the music