CRYSTAL DEFENDERS Lite
500,000 - 1,000,000 downloads
- Yeeep! Chokobos! Time mages!
- Deep gameplay
- Discouraging difficulty
- It could be even more spectacular
- It could bring new features to the genre
Yes, this is it. The very own Square defense game, set with characters and feeling of Final Fantasy Tactics, but chewed and chopped to fit a very much simpler game.Mechanics are the same as anywhere else: you have to defend a path from an incoming single file of dreadful enemies (all the dreadful they are able to be in FF Tactics design) by placing towers aka units along the way. Yes, it's strategy, though it hasn't strategy at all.
However, if Square did this on purpose, we should have to find out why, and the answer comes to mind as soon as you play the first levels. Even though it's a pretty typical defense game and doesn't pretend to be anything else, it's overwhelmingly difficult. You have to ration every single gold coin if you want to get perfect scores, and as -fortunately- there are more units than in the vast majority of similar games, if a strategy doesn't work at all, fret not, there are several zillion different combinations awaiting to be tried.
A special mention is deserved by the music, which has always been Square's signature. A the wide array of winks to Final Fantasy paraphernalia, chokobos includes, is the cherry on top.
Recommended for hardcore defense gamers. This is your biggest challenge.
◆Game Objectives & Features：
- Deploy units on the area map to protect crystal reserves from encroaching monster hordes.
- Monsters will enter an area and march through it until they are defeated or reach an exit, at which time they will steal one or more crystals.
- Simple touch panel-driven controls and up-tempo play make Crystal Defenders easily accessible whether at home or on the go.
- Innovative level design allows for high replayability.
For more information, visit:
*Recommended OS: Android 2.1 or later
Features associated with the Puzzle & Dragons tie-up campaign for the Japanese region have been removed.
Tried this lite version. Didn't care for it on my phone. Maybe if I had a tablet.
Just a time pass game. Not too good but not bad also. An average one with fine graphics; maybe it's designed for beginners.
I am not great at TD games and this one defeated me.
Always force closing before the battle is over doesn't make me wanna purchase it.
This game does not want to download
Probably won't get the full game since others say it's not fullscreen but this demo is worth plenty fun on its own
I love it